Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2013, 02:05 AM   #1
urbanalbino
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Leaving on roadtrip, son hates carseat =(

My almost 4 month old screams every time we put him in a carseat. It breaks my heart. This morning we are leaving on a 10 hour road trip (5 there, 5 back). We are leaving a little after 4am so hopefully he will resume his normal sleeping routine for a few hours. Please pray that things go well for us. I have faith that God will lend a helping hand and Chris will surprise us. =)

Advertisement

urbanalbino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:48 AM   #2
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Good luck!!
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Leaving on roadtrip, son hates carseat =(

Good luck.Just a suggestion. Make sure the straps are adjusted right, and 4 months was the age my 2nd child decided he didn't like the recline bucket seat and we moved him to a convertible which was better.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
jandymordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe View Post
Good luck.Just a suggestion. Make sure the straps are adjusted right, and 4 months was the age my 2nd child decided he didn't like the recline bucket seat and we moved him to a convertible which was better.

I agree...car rides with my first son changed dramatically when we changed car seats. It also helped if I sat in the back to keep him company.

Good luck!
jandymordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

So how did your baby do?
Old 04-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
urbanalbino
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for your prayers, ya'll! Chris did GREAT. We left super early and he ended up sleeping for 3 hours, and my mom stayed in the back seat to keep him happy. I really think he was just lonely whenever I drive around with him. The couple of times he lost it he ended up having a very messy diaper. Today on the way home, he slept most of the time, until the last 30 minute leg. I am so proud of him. He did great - I don't have an anxiety about road trippin' with him anymore. =)

About the convertible seat - I have heard that. I will probably end up getting one, but it will kill me because I bought a carseat/stroller combo that cost $400 and I hate that the carseat is no longer 'good.' I certainly can't use a new one with my stroller. =(
Mama to Chris and expecting boy #2 Feb '15!
urbanalbino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:32 AM   #7
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanalbino
Thanks for your prayers, ya'll! Chris did GREAT. We left super early and he ended up sleeping for 3 hours, and my mom stayed in the back seat to keep him happy. I really think he was just lonely whenever I drive around with him. The couple of times he lost it he ended up having a very messy diaper. Today on the way home, he slept most of the time, until the last 30 minute leg. I am so proud of him. He did great - I don't have an anxiety about road trippin' with him anymore. =)

About the convertible seat - I have heard that. I will probably end up getting one, but it will kill me because I bought a carseat/stroller combo that cost $400 and I hate that the carseat is no longer 'good.' I certainly can't use a new one with my stroller. =(
Awesome news! Glad it went well!