Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2013, 05:40 AM   #1
MomandE
Registered Users
seller

Your favorite newborn diaper covers

We plan on using prefolds and fitteds so I need some nice full cut covers for the newborn to 12-15 lb range. I'd like a cord snap down if I can and double gussets. I like the idea of a thirsties size 1 where you can adjust size as they grow. But I'm kinda bored of their colors, we are having a baby girl due in June and we have a son already so I'm excited to buy GIRL stuff!! Any recs for covers?

Advertisement

MomandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
robyn_h
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'm curious too! I have big babies so I already bought some thirsties size 1 and they look good. I would like a few with cord snaps or dips though. How good is coverage on the newborn prowraps? I love bummis covers on my toddler. It looks like the newborn super snap and the super bright both have dips for the cord. In normal sizes, the super bright isn't as full coverage, though, and I don't know how the newborn fits. The super bright normal sizes has leg gussets, so I assume newborn does too. My favorite fit is from the super whisper wraps, but they don't have a cord dip!
robyn_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
amiecheatham
Registered Users
seller

Re: Your favorite newborn diaper covers

thirsties size 1 were are absolute favorites! they fit from day one and we used them until we moved into one size fitteds around 14 lbs. they still fit then, but we just decided to move up to the size 2s anyway. I'm really not fond of other thirsties products, but the duo wraps are awesome!
amiecheatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
jmb162
Registered Users
seller

I thought the thirsties size 1's were too large on my 7 almost 8 lb baby. They did fit my 9 lb baby a lot better when he was a newborn. Next time I plan on trying the xs thirsties. I did also try the prowraps but hated how cheap they felt.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

For newborn covers, I've tried prowraps, Nikky, Dappi nylon (pull on), and The Fancy Pansy and TFP are my favorites. We started cloth at 2 weeks and they fit my 8 lb chicken legged baby right away, and they still fit at 7 weeks with room to grow (should fit til about 12 lbs). They are full coverage, trim, and i don't have to tuck the diaper in as I do with the Nikky covers (which I do like, but they run small - we are in the small size already, and just FYI, the newborn cord dip isn't really low enough)

Dappis were one of my favorites with my first baby, but he was chubby. They gap at the legs with this skinny baby. Proraps - hated the stiffness.

Fwiw, I actually like the Flip covers even though they practically wrap arpund twice. Not as trim as the fancy Pansy newborn cover, but trim enough for under sleepers. Even though softbums do shrink down really nicely to newborn size, the fleece layer makes them bulkier, plus, who wants to wash newborn poop out of all that gathered up fleece? Neither of the OS covers have a cord snap down.
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months

Last edited by littleleaf; 02-15-2013 at 08:48 AM.
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dp
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months

Last edited by littleleaf; 02-15-2013 at 08:47 AM.
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #7
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thirsties size 1 or xs. They are great.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I'm currently diapering a newbie (12 days old), and my favorites are the Imse vimse preemie and the nikky poly nb cover. The cord dip on both fit fine under my son's cord (he was 6 lbs. 3 oz. at birth). I also have a blueberry mini coverall, it's nice, a bit bulky and no cord snap-down; a bumby nb wool soaker, fairly trim and nice, but a bit of a pain to get on; and a wahm cover that just isn't full-cut enough to use.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Bummis Super Whisper Wraps and Blueberry Mini OS coverall were our favorites.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #10
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm also diapering a newbie she's 2 weeks old and probably right around 7lbs. I don't like bummis super brites like I thought I would. They are tiny and fit under the cord but leave bad marks on her legs. She has outgrown it already too. Imse vimse preemie and bumpy day preemie fit really well though.