Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Here's a quick history: I used to dye my hair all the time. Name a color, my hair has been it! I have had pixie cuts, bobs, faux hawks, reverse bobs, long hair with layers, no layers, perms, highlights, bangs and the list goes on.

For the past 3 years,I have been growing out my hair (with some trims along the way, a couple times I've had bangs and some very long layers). I have not colored my hair in years because I didn't want to go gray without knowing it!

I need help and suggestions! Since having my daughter, I am in a bun/pony an about 99% of the time, but when I do wear my hair down I do love it. I just want something different. I am considering a brightly colored ombre dye for fun since I don't have a job and I am not looking for one. I will add pics from my phone shortly!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1078339118.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	134229
Current hair, I have to clip my overgrown bangs back

Name:	image-4145366213.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	134230
Here is an idea of the current length

Name:	image-4179216975.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	134231
Bangs from last fall

Name:	image-1220814614.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	134232

What I am considering

Advertisement

Last edited by Hi-Dog; 02-15-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Hi-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
Ashtyn(n)Nyla'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Another Hair Style/Cut Thread

I told my husband a week ago i wanted this hair!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
FamiLEE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Choosing a hairstyle an color are difficult....at least for my wife. She had long hairs like yours but decided to take a plunge and chop it all off. She now has kind of a pixie cut and loves it.
I do like the style and color you have chosen.
FamiLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

I just got my hair cut and LOVE it! Its shoulder length and very layered/chunky. I don't have a "HI I'M A MOM!!!!" look if I don't want it anymore. lol I love the ombre look but how much upkeep is it and how often will you have to do it would be the things I'd think about. I like your hair but I'd got maybe shoulder length and have enough to still pull up! Oh but that is if your thinking about cutting it too. I couldn't tell from the post so I just added my 2 cents anyway. Otherwise, the color idea I like, I'd just make sure I was ready for the upkeep.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtyn(n)Nyla'sMama View Post
I told my husband a week ago i wanted this hair!
Awesome . . . of course I first saw it on Pinterest!! My DH actually wasn't opposed to it which he sometimes is with crazy colors (even though I had short black and pink hair when we met!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun View Post
I just got my hair cut and LOVE it! Its shoulder length and very layered/chunky. I don't have a "HI I'M A MOM!!!!" look if I don't want it anymore. lol I love the ombre look but how much upkeep is it and how often will you have to do it would be the things I'd think about. I like your hair but I'd got maybe shoulder length and have enough to still pull up! Oh but that is if your thinking about cutting it too. I couldn't tell from the post so I just added my 2 cents anyway. Otherwise, the color idea I like, I'd just make sure I was ready for the upkeep.
I am willing to cut it, but I don't know how much I want to sacrifice! I know it's "just hair" but it becomes one of those things where I have had it so long and it's been a lot of work growing it out!

The color will involve some upkeep, but at least not the "root" upkeep of going really light (I went blond a few years ago and I liked it, but it was insane because my dark roots looked so bad after 6 weeks or so, IMO).

Then part of me thinks if I am going to cut to shoulder length that maybe I should just donate my hair . . .either way I am super interested in the ombre color, my aunt is a hair stylist (but is sadly 12 hours away) so maybe she can give me some tips on what do as far as the color goes.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im not crazy about you with bangs at all. unless you go way shorter with them and sweep to side. I think you lok amazing with an inverted bob cause you have a really pretty face and yet you look edgy so that would be fitting. I would also do a streak of color in it like purple.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
im not crazy about you with bangs at all. unless you go way shorter with them and sweep to side. I think you lok amazing with an inverted bob cause you have a really pretty face and yet you look edgy so that would be fitting. I would also do a streak of color in it like purple.
Yeah, I will get bangs, and like them for about 2 weeks and then start pinning them back, so I end up not crazy about them either . . . I forgot to mention my hair is also naturally wavy so I don't want to go TOO short where I would have to spend a lot of time straightening/styling it. . . I just think I need to bring the length up and add more layers so I can get some more SEXY volume

Last edited by Hi-Dog; 02-15-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Hi-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #8
terrordactyl
Registered Users
seller

i love it you should totally do it
terrordactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #9
megkmc
Registered Users