Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #121
happymama1's Avatar
happymama1
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,900
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 15-28)

Trace! Congrats on your beautiful rainbow

Advertisement

__________________
wife to mama to my
never forgetting my tiny babies 11/13/09, 4/12/2012, 5/24/2012, 4/22/2014
hoping for another baby
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #122
fishingfor5's Avatar
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 1,547
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 15-28)

Hope you don't mind me popping in one more time.

Trace she is just amazing!! What a perfect anniversary gift. As good as the Vasectomy Reversal Dh gave me!! lol She just makes me excited to keep trying. Just Beautiful these rainbows.

Wondered also if I could ask a question. I am going in tomorrow for 2nd beta to make sure numbers are declining and to get some other tests run. Is there a way to check and make sure there is not a cyst or something in the uterus which would cause the losses and what would it be?

Thank you all again for your sweetness. I am doing well and and feeling peaceful. All things have a reason. I remind myself if I hadn't had a loss before dd2 I would never have had her. It makes it seem more understandable.

blessings
__________________
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #123
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 15-28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5 View Post
I am going in tomorrow for 2nd beta to make sure numbers are declining and to get some other tests run. Is there a way to check and make sure there is not a cyst or something in the uterus which would cause the losses and what would it be?

All things have a reason.
that everything is going/declining as it should be for you. I don't know what they would look for, other than the #s declining at this point. If they didn't, they'd likely want to do u/s to check. Hopefully nothing more is needed.

There is a purpose to this, there is a plan, even though we can't always see it or understand it, I have to believe that there is.
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #124
quicksilverNHS's Avatar
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5
Hope you don't mind me popping in one more time.

Trace she is just amazing!! What a perfect anniversary gift. As good as the Vasectomy Reversal Dh gave me!! lol She just makes me excited to keep trying. Just Beautiful these rainbows.

Wondered also if I could ask a question. I am going in tomorrow for 2nd beta to make sure numbers are declining and to get some other tests run. Is there a way to check and make sure there is not a cyst or something in the uterus which would cause the losses and what would it be?

Thank you all again for your sweetness. I am doing well and and feeling peaceful. All things have a reason. I remind myself if I hadn't had a loss before dd2 I would never have had her. It makes it seem more understandable.

blessings
Pop in all you need.

A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) checks for structural abnormalities in the uterus, tubes, etc

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #125
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Loveland OH
Posts: 1,413
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 15-28)

Tori, you may want to look into seeing an RE to do some RPL testing (Repeat Pregnancy Loss). They will test your hormones, chemical stuff, structural stuff, and will check for some of the common clotting disorders and such that can lead to repeat miscarriages. It's a ton of testing, and in our case revealed NOTHING wrong with us, but at least afterwards we knew that it was probably just crappy luck on the genetic side (we are both technically "advanced" in age in the baby-making world). It helped us to come to terms with how we got here and where to go. In our case we decided to try one more time and if this one was meant to be, then great, and if we were meant to be a family of 3, then that's what we will be happy and grateful for. It took a loooooong time to get to that place, but we did eventually

I would recommend waiting just a little while though to be sure you are ready - our RE had us try again right away so he could watch my cycle and do whatever testing and watching he needed to do. It was my first cycle after a m/c (#2 m/c). We conceived right away on that "test" cycle and it was most likely twins, but they didn't develop past 4/5 weeks That m/c was really difficult because I was in the doc office every couple of days to watch and do testing, and it was pretty miserable just knowing that those babies would just never come to be But like I said, in the end, we came away from that with some knowledge and peace of mind. You may (or may not) want to consider it when you are ready.

Big giant hugs for you mama... I was so hoping for this one to be your rainbow.
__________________
Erica - Married to Jeff, Momma to Gibson, our rainbow baby Josie, and furbaby Boston Terriers Shelby & Penny, forever missing our angel babies Marshall Feb '11 and our Beans Nov '11 & Feb '12
emeyer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #126
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Loveland OH
Posts: 1,413
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 15-28)

Trace, CONGRATS MAMA!!!! Your daughter is beautiful!! Yaaaay!!!!
__________________
Erica - Married to Jeff, Momma to Gibson, our rainbow baby Josie, and furbaby Boston Terriers Shelby & Penny, forever missing our angel babies Marshall Feb '11 and our Beans Nov '11 & Feb '12
emeyer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #127
ingrid5699
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 319
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 15-28)

Congratulations to Sarah and Trace!!!! YAY for your sweet rainbows and both babies are super cute!

Jackie welcome! I hope you get a rainbow baby to take home this time.

Andrea-Josiah is simply adorable!!! I love those first smiles.

AFM-Kind of in a funk because the hyperemesis is back full force. I honestly have no idea how I will survive 14 more weeks of this. UGH.
__________________
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #128
ingrid5699
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 319
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 15-28)

Tori-sorry for your loss. I will second going to an RE and getting some tests done. We did and found out we have immunology issues (basically my body attacks the baby). I took baby aspirin, steroids, took heparin shots and IVIGs and was able to carry to term 2x so far and counting with this one. We still had one more loss but that was a chromosomal issue most likely related to my AMA (I was 37 then, just turned 38)
__________________
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #129
fishingfor5's Avatar
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 1,547
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 15-28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
that everything is going/declining as it should be for you. I don't know what they would look for, other than the #s declining at this point. If they didn't, they'd likely want to do u/s to check. Hopefully nothing more is needed.

There is a purpose to this, there is a plan, even though we can't always see it or understand it, I have to believe that there is.
Thanks Elena. I think they are doing some antibody testing and a thyroid check. Some basic things to check after recurrent losses I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
Pop in all you need.

A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) checks for structural abnormalities in the uterus, tubes, etc

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Thanks I will look into this. As if all the bloodwork comes back normal this is the only other thing I can think would be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeyer76 View Post
Tori, you may want to look into seeing an RE to do some RPL testing (Repeat Pregnancy Loss). They will test your hormones, chemical stuff, structural stuff, and will check for some of the common clotting disorders and such that can lead to repeat miscarriages. It's a ton of testing, and in our case revealed NOTHING wrong with us, but at least afterwards we knew that it was probably just crappy luck on the genetic side (we are both technically "advanced" in age in the baby-making world). It helped us to come to terms with how we got here and where to go. In our case we decided to try one more time and if this one was meant to be, then great, and if we were meant to be a family of 3, then that's what we will be happy and grateful for. It took a loooooong time to get to that place, but we did eventually

I would recommend waiting just a little while though to be sure you are ready - our RE had us try again right away so he could watch my cycle and do whatever testing and watching he needed to do. It was my first cycle after a m/c (#2 m/c). We conceived right away on that "test" cycle and it was most likely twins, but they didn't develop past 4/5 weeks That m/c was really difficult because I was in the doc office every couple of days to watch and do testing, and it was pretty miserable just knowing that those babies would just never come to be But like I said, in the end, we came away from that with some knowledge and peace of mind. You may (or may not) want to consider it when you are ready.

Big giant hugs for you mama... I was so hoping for this one to be your rainbow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
Tori-sorry for your loss. I will second going to an RE and getting some tests done. We did and found out we have immunology issues (basically my body attacks the baby). I took baby aspirin, steroids, took heparin shots and IVIGs and was able to carry to term 2x so far and counting with this one. We still had one more loss but that was a chromosomal issue most likely related to my AMA (I was 37 then, just turned 38)
Thanks ladies. We are having a few things tested but I am sure an RE would do more. Dh and I had agreed though after the VR that we would not doing anything else medically but take what God offered. So unless he changes his mind then these tests would probably be all we would do. Surprisingly I am feeling a bit determined. I am not good with failure and it just makes me more determined to succeed. I guess some call that stubborness. Mostly I am tired of not trusting my body anymore. This is what I was designed to do and until this year I have done it pretty well IMO!

Ok I am gonna go into lurker mode here. Thanks so much again.
__________________
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #130
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 15-28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5 View Post
Dh and I had agreed though after the VR that we would not doing anything else medically but take what God offered. So unless he changes his mind then these tests would probably be all we would do.

If it helps at all, we've never had any testing done in regards to our losses - well, we did have genetic testing done on the 2 of us and did an amnio with Elliana, but that was kinda different, IMO. We wanted to check for anything genetic that we could be passing down to the kids, not to find/have a reason for our losses but to know for future reference for the older kids.
The only thing we ever did outside of just letting things happen as they would, was that I took Vitex myself - I was taking it when we conceived Levi and Elli both, though oddly I wasn't taking anything when Hiccup came, cuz we weren't planning to ttc again. (vitex can help with low progesterone/hormonal imbalance)
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.