Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #151
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 15-28)

We're gonna do our room re-arranging over spring break too. Right now DS and DD share a room. We are gonna move DS out and create his own space in our open loft area, which is currently DH office/catch all room. DS is SUPER excited to have his own "room". I use quotations because it'll just be an area blocked off by creative furniture rearranging, DH will still have his office space there. And it'll be nice to have the girls together in their own room. We've had to be very creative with our room arrangements as we live in a small two bedroom town home.

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #152
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

still need to figure out sleeping arrangements here. DS is currently in the biggest room. And dd is in a room half the size.

DH wants to move DS downstairs into the playroom (it's a second master bedroom with an attached bathroom). But I don't want him downstairs and I don't think he'd want to have his sibling playing in his room. Since it will still be the playroom.

So I'm thinking DD and baby will share a room, which we will move them into DS room. Then DS will move into DD's room. Which will be a shocker for him since it's smaller. However the closet is 2x bigger, so I'm thinking about putting his dresser in the closet so he'll have more floor space in the room. And possibly a loft style bed so he has more floor space.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #153
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Thanks for the welcome ladies! For those of you that didn't see my message, I'm Jackie and I had a D&C due to missed m/c in December.

Anyway, I got a beta done last wednesday, to confirm pregnancy and possibly see how far along I am (since I had no definite idea). The beta result was 51 927. That's about 7 weeks right? That sounds accurate to me. I was guessing I was at the furthest possible 8 weeks and at least 5 or 6. So 7 weeks sounds about right, I guess this week I would be around 8 weeks. I guess I o'ed about 3 weeks post D&C. I think that makes me due early-mid October some time right? I really pray this baby sticks.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #154
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am freaking out again. I suddenly came down with unbearable symptoms of a UTI. Pressure, cloudy urine, need to pee every two seconds, burning... Omg, the burning!!... I am not spotting or anything but could this cause a miscarriage? I know it can cause preterm labor.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #155
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almacham View Post
I am freaking out again. I suddenly came down with unbearable symptoms of a UTI. Pressure, cloudy urine, need to pee every two seconds, burning... Omg, the burning!!... I am not spotting or anything but could this cause a miscarriage? I know it can cause preterm labor.
My SIL had several really bad UTIs during her pregnancy, at least one being in the first trimester (pretty early too, around 5 or 6 weeks) and everything was fine. She ended up going overdue. Its hard not to worry in the first tri, especially after a loss. I totally understand how you feel. I'm trying not to be scared as well.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #156
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV View Post
I got a beta done last wednesday, to confirm pregnancy and possibly see how far along I am (since I had no definite idea). The beta result was 51 927. That's about 7 weeks right? That sounds accurate to me. I was guessing I was at the furthest possible 8 weeks and at least 5 or 6. So 7 weeks sounds about right, I guess this week I would be around 8 weeks. I guess I o'ed about 3 weeks post D&C. I think that makes me due early-mid October some time right? I really pray this baby sticks.
I don't know about #s except that they want to see them doubling every 48-72 hours... but then that even slows after a certain #... and I'm sure that's well below where you are! But with a # like yours they would definitely see something on u/s - have they given you an appt for one?
Conception in Jan puts EDD sometime in Oct My DS1 was that timing!
and for your bean!

Quote:
I guess in the sense that any infection, if it got severe enough, could cause m/c? But not normally, it wouldn't.
I would get some cranberry capsules, start taking a bunch of those and drinking tons of water. That should flush the infection out in a day or 2.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #157
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
I don't think the uti itself would, but I have seen that high fevers can. I would just make sure to call your provider if you run a fever. Uti's are so painful. I am sorry you have to deal with that.

Mom to Joey (Feb 2010) and another on the way (Apr 2013)!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #158
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Marie -- the nursery is looking beautiful! I love it... I LOVE the picture of your son in the crib... he's going to be an awesome big brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV View Post
Thanks for the welcome ladies! For those of you that didn't see my message, I'm Jackie and I had a D&C due to missed m/c in December.

Anyway, I got a beta done last wednesday, to confirm pregnancy and possibly see how far along I am (since I had no definite idea). The beta result was 51 927. That's about 7 weeks right? That sounds accurate to me. I was guessing I was at the furthest possible 8 weeks and at least 5 or 6. So 7 weeks sounds about right, I guess this week I would be around 8 weeks. I guess I o'ed about 3 weeks post D&C. I think that makes me due early-mid October some time right? I really pray this baby sticks.
Jackie! Yay, mama! I am so happy to see you here!!!!
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #159
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
I am still here. I pop in every once in awhile. Had a loss in April. Expecting our rainbow baby in May. Will be 30 weeks in a few days! In fact, going out to buy the first of the baby stuff we need tomorrow! I finally feel "safe" enough to do that! WEEE!
We're backwards. Loss in May expecting in April. 35 weeks here and just now getting all my baby stuff set up!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #160
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just wanted to share our sweet little thumb-sucker with you all! I totally cried when I saw this. So in love! ♥♥♥

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote