Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 04:45 AM   #1
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help with info on gender swaying

Gender swaying, please tell me about your experience.

I have 4 beautiful children 8boy, 5 girl, almost 3 yo boy and a 6mo boy. I was sure I was done and DH was supposed to get a V. A few months ago I watched him eyeball all the little girl clothes. I know he wants another little girl so bad. I am willing to have one more baby just as long as he understands that after this one we are done no matter the gender. I will be happy with the baby boy or girl and he will love the baby either way. I would like to try gender swaying ( but I'm pretty skeptical about it).
I have read some things online but I feel like everything I read contradicts the other stuff I read. Please share your experience o. This with me. Also good links and info would be great.

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help with info on gender swaying

from what I read there is really not much you can do. I've read women with higher levels of magnesium can have higher chances to have a girl. I still like the theory that having sex several days (I believe at least 3) before O increases chances of girl. I also think that you have to have a patience trying to time 3 or 4 days before though. I would think it would reduce your odds of getting pregnant each month.

Sorry not much help, but we would also prefer a girl so I have looked into it a little bit
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just posted this is another thread but this is what we did

We had 2 boys and wanted to try for a girl . . . And we got one! I was fine with either gender, but we thought it would be nice to have a girl. These are the things we did. As a side note we don't have any problems getting pregnant, we got pregnant the first or second month we tried with all 3 so we were really trying to lower our fertility.

Husband wore briefs (real ones not boxer briefs)
He took a hot shower before we DTD
Really shallow deposit of sperm
We also took calcium, magnesium and I took folic acid.
Oh and I was trying to loose weight
Old 02-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

There is a bunch of gender swaying stuff on the using Instead Cups for TTC thread.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I have looked into this before (not sure how much I think it really works though or if I'd be willing to try it) and found that genderdreaming dot com had the best info out there. It seems maternal diet can play a HUGE role, it really does make sense. It seems they have some really good results TTC a girl.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #6
Mommy2Monsters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I use the Chinese gender predictor. I know it seems far fetched that some months increase your chances of one gender or the other depending on your age but with every one of my child it has been right. Boy, boy, and girl. TTC another girl and it says that if conceived in February, it will be a girl... We will see if it is right 4 times in a row. If nothing else, it's fun, lol.
SAHM to CA (3/2006) LA (11/2007), LE VBA2C (8/2011) and due 12/8 with #4
Mommy2Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
cathplyr
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamma527 View Post
I just posted this is another thread but this is what we did

We had 2 boys and wanted to try for a girl . . . And we got one! I was fine with either gender, but we thought it would be nice to have a girl. These are the things we did. As a side note we don't have any problems getting pregnant, we got pregnant the first or second month we tried with all 3 so we were really trying to lower our fertility.

Husband wore briefs (real ones not boxer briefs)
He took a hot shower before we DTD
Really shallow deposit of sperm
We also took calcium, magnesium and I took folic acid.
Oh and I was trying to loose weight
I agree with all this my dh does hot showers and wears briefs and we got a girl. heat is supposed to kill all the wimpy "y" sperm and just leave the hardy "x" sperm. good luck.
cathplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
bkoala
Registered Users
seller

wow I never knew this was a possibility. I say just pray to God
bkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #9
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:

The whole timing/ovulation thing? Didn't work for us last time. I wasn't expressly trying to have anything. It's more along the lines of keeping track of my cycle and realizing that we'd crossed over into one of the earlier days with even pausing to consult the holy cycle calendar first. Of course, it could be that my cycle just ran quirky-late that month. If I ovulated 4-5ish days late on my schedule then that would explain things, but I'd been so regular that I'm betting that the whole thing of timing didn't work for us. We should have had a girl (given it was the very first day of my fertile period) but we had a boy. The Chinese gender predictor wasn't spot-on for us either. I should have had girl, boy, boy, and girl. I guess the odds of 3 out of 4 isn't too bad, but if you're looking for something surefire, I wouldn't say that's it. I don't know if any other methods out there work, but I'm interested because we're likely only going to have one more, and if that's the case, we'd really like a girl. We've got three boys already and only one girl.
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #10
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh I so believe in the diets and suppliments you can use.

I did this for a couple of my kids and got what I was hoping for.
for a girl you need very acidic foods, take cranberry pills or juice. very acidic mucus will kill off the male sperm. you also want to have sex a couple days before O or 6-12 hrs after O. no orgasm.
there is a TON of info at ingender.com