Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2013, 03:17 AM   #1
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
What have you done that you would never do now?

I was thinking of all the dumb things I've done when I was a little younger; even after having my first daughter. A couple come to mind. Once I was driving and ended up picking up a couple who were on their way home to Arkansas from a rainbow gathering (trying to get home for her birthday). I had a couple of days off of work so I packed up me and the kiddo and away we went. We ended up running out of money halfway there so I ended up panhandling with them. We got to Arkansas and the girls' parents were the nicest people ever. They even threw a huge party. Then coming home one of their friends wanted to go to Wisconsin so he drove back with me (again complete stranger) and I let him drive most of the way. This was my old beat up Lincoln with bad breaks. Oy vey!

Another time when I was single living in a kitchenette I met a homeless guy and I sat and talked to him after work. I bought him dinner and let him stay at my place for the night. He left before I woke up and he left a nice note. I still can't believe I was that trusting. LOL

I used to travel with my oldest dd all over the United States. We went to Alamagordo, NM to see the white sands, we went through the mountains of Colorado where my brother died, we traveled to Kentucky to see my family, etc etc. I used to travel to powwows and camp.

Now I am a single mom of three with a sore back, a bad temper, and no desire to go anywhere I don't *have* too. I cringe when I see hitchhikers, travel takes weeks of planning, and no way on God's green earth would I invite a homeless man to sleep over.

What have you done before that you wouldn't do now? How have you changed as you've grown older?

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
melarndt
Registered Users

Re: What have you done that you would never do now?

I was a skydiver in my pre mommy days. I miss it, but I never was so good at landing, so it's just a bad idea for me now.
melarndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

A friend and I used to get rides all the time with stranger after being at the bar. There was one time when we had had a few drinks, she got in an argument with her BF and we left the bar and climbed into the back of some poor unsuspecting guy's car. Craziness.

I used to also go home by myself when I was done when out with friends in university. Just walk home alone, middle of the night. I shudder to think my kids will do that.

When I was really young (pre-teen and early teen), we lived on the Ottawa River in the sticks. There was a lot of playing in and near the water that was potentially very dangerous. Jumping into rapids, off log booms, into this thing we called "the bubble" which was sort of a whirlpool in a rapids area, skinny dipping late at night with friends at sleep overs... Apparently I was unsupervised.

I also backpacked all over the place, flew on a moment's notice, worked overseas... I would love to still do that, but cannot afford to schlep three kids and a hubby with me.

Last edited by Geckmumto3; 02-16-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Geckmumto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

As a teen I only dated guys I was sure I wouldn't marry. The few guys I started dating who were really "good," I stopped dating and kept as friends only. I think my idea was that once I was serious I'd look at those guys, but to just have fun I didn't want to mess things up?
Old 02-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #5
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Shop lift, hard drugs
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I was pretty boring. I did pick up hitchhikers. I also sped like crazy. I got like 4-5 tickets a year. Back then it wasn't as strict as it is now. The only concession to bad weather I made was to go the speed limit. I remember a couple curves said speedlimit 15 or maybe 20 miles an hour. I regularly took them at 45 miles an hour. I have since driven those curves. They are definitely 15-20 mile an hour curves. I have no idea how I managed to keep the car on the road.

Other than that I didn't smoke, drink, do drugs, party all night, or run around at all hours of the night.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #7
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have lots of dumb stuff I did, I just don't want to confess it on a public forum. I partied hard though and lived the party lifestyle.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #8
ouchienurse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley
I have lots of dumb stuff I did, I just don't want to confess it on a public forum. I partied hard though and lived the party lifestyle.
This. More stuff than I care to admit but I lived to (not) tell the tale :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
november
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What an interesting thread! I am boring, I can't think of anything , lol! I never did anything very wild but I was always an old soul so I never would.have done most of this stuff because I was / am an old fudder-dudder hahah.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum

november is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #10
mylilemma&sofia
Registered Users

I used to drive fast thru the back roads from Patterson to Modesto or on the freeway heading to San Jose on my old BMW my dad bought me. I crashed it months before I got married. Now I drive like an old lady.
mylilemma&sofia is offline   Reply With Quote