Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #91
hikergal73
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DH can make anything that only requires boiling water: boxed Mac n cheese, ramen noodles, pasta, rice pilaf...lol! I try to get him to at least throw some frozen veggies with it but he usually forgets to do that. He is getting better, though. I think he doesn't get the idea of how to time things like start the rice or potatoes that take longer first, then start on the other stuff and gets frustrated. His mom barely cooked so he never really learned to cooked a wholesome meal.

He did surprise me the other night by bringing home fondue for just the two of us. Granted it only takes melting cheese and cutting up bread, but I'll take it!

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #92
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What would your spouse do for dinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
I am sorry but the implication that because I have a meal plan or because Dh isn't able to cook enough to follow it that he isn't an equal "co parent" bugs me. No, he couldn't maintain a spotless house (and really neither can I,) or cook much of a balanced meal without a grill. But he has other talents and contributions that certainly even things out. Dh is the one who puts our two little girls to bed each night, he is the one who taught the teenager how to drive, he is more patient with helping with homework and he is the one who manages ALL our car repairs. No, my DH can't cook well enough to follow the meal plan I put together, but he can pull a transmission out of our car and rebuild it. Most of us on here are the SAHP and that just naturally results in the other spouse not being as competent in some areas of household management. However that also results in the SAHP not being as competent in other areas. One of the biggest reasons to get married to have kids is because managing a household is easier when there are two people working together as a team with their strengths and weaknesses complementing each other.
I wasn't implying anything. I'm sorry if it came across that way. I'm not in your home so I have no clue what each of you contributes. I answered the question honestly because I thought it was an interesting topic. It would not even occur to me what my husband would do for food for the kids. I am a SAHM but he is fully capable in all areas. I just happen to do it more often. But yes he can perform all necessary tasks and some better than I can. Not talking gourmet meals or anything. Can he cook a healthy dinner from scratch? Yes. So I would never comment or direct him in that manner.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #93
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Okay, so the funny thing is that if my husband were indisposed I would be the one making mac n cheese and chicken nuggets!! I'm useless in the kitchen where as he can make anything from scratch.

ETA: and I'm the SAHP
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.

Last edited by yellowitchgrl; 02-17-2013 at 06:39 PM.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #94
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Even though he works full time (I work part time), he does most of the cooking.