Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #11
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

I wanted to try the cloth mama pads but not sure how I will like it. Can anyone share their experience on it? I came across they were selling it on cottonbabies website....

Advertisement

kittenbaby77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #12
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Organic cloth mama pads?

I have hemp fleece (and organic bamboo fleece to use for the soakers, or organic bamboo velour as well) on hand, and if you do not want a waterproof layer (like wool), I do have a local quilt shop that carries organic cotton prints as well.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #13
earthmama222
Registered Users
seller

THanks everone!! I do have a light flow And staining doesnt bother me, afterall, I'm just bleeding on it! ;D I find that several layers of hemp fleece is very absorbant as is, and doesnt really require waterproofing. I have some Gladrags pantiliners that I like, a lot of pantiliners dont have the PUL, so thats cool I contacted a few people on etsy, hopefully will get some that work and are cool!
Kittenbaby77- Cloth pads are amazing, I love them. I like all in one pads, not the kinds with inserts or that u have to fold some layers on top or whatever. Make sure u get ones with wings (most have wings). They just dont stay in the right place without the wings!! For me anyway
There are tons of really awesome options out there, etsy is such a cool place to look!! I'm just super picky is all, normally it's not this hard to find a pad ha ha ha. Just try a few diff types of pads, lengths etc, and u can always resell there here if u dont like them.
earthmama222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #14
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama222
THanks everone!! I do have a light flow And staining doesnt bother me, afterall, I'm just bleeding on it! ;D I find that several layers of hemp fleece is very absorbant as is, and doesnt really require waterproofing. I have some Gladrags pantiliners that I like, a lot of pantiliners dont have the PUL, so thats cool I contacted a few people on etsy, hopefully will get some that work and are cool!
Kittenbaby77- Cloth pads are amazing, I love them. I like all in one pads, not the kinds with inserts or that u have to fold some layers on top or whatever. Make sure u get ones with wings (most have wings). They just dont stay in the right place without the wings!! For me anyway
There are tons of really awesome options out there, etsy is such a cool place to look!! I'm just super picky is all, normally it's not this hard to find a pad ha ha ha. Just try a few diff types of pads, lengths etc, and u can always resell there here if u dont like them.
Thx I will look into trying some. Do you have any suggestions on the size? Like what length should I get it?
kittenbaby77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #15
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think Tallulah Bean has some that would fit your bill. I know they have organic cotton, non-PUL pads but I am not sure what the backing is on their organic pads. I love their pads, though; they are my absolute favorites!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:35 PM   #16
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenbaby77 View Post
Thx I will look into trying some. Do you have any suggestions on the size? Like what length should I get it?
Kittenbaby, you will probably want to measure your favorite disposable pads to come up with a length estimate. Women here vary a lot in what they like. I see women who use 8" pads on their heavy days and 6" liners and women who use 11-14" pads on their heavy days and 9-10" liners. Cloth pads also mean you can really look for a custom stash. This was nice for me b/c I found that the sposies I was using were a little too short for some situations and unnecessarily long for others. For instance, I always wished my sposie was an inch longer at night b/c of my tendency to sometimes miss the edges in the contortions I do. So I got cloth pads that were a little longer than that. When I discovered those weren't necessarily long enough either, I bought one more that was two inches longer.

Widths also vary a lot between sellers. If you currently use disposable pads that are thick and wide, you probably won't be bothered too much by wider widths. However, beware that if you are using ultrathin disposables, the width of those will definitely not translate well into your best fit for a cloth pad (since they are so much thinner and more flexible than *most* cloth pads--I will mention one brand that is an exception).

There are some pads (both new and used) for sale in the FSOT below. I've both purchased and sold a few there and have more for sale. I have favorite pads for various purposes really. Party in my Pants are amazingly thin (thinner than ultrathin disposables), so I have several flannel-topped party in my pants on hand for when I am wearing clothing that pads might particularly show through. I also am partial to some flannel New Moon ultra pads at night but am not entirely sure if the design I love the most is really worth the price (I hadn't discovered some of the cheaper cloth pad stores at that time). However, what I really like for general use day and night is organic bamboo velour on the top and fleece on the bottom. (I am not a minky or cotton-top person; neither absorb quickly enough for me, leaving me feeling wet. Minky does have the advantage, however, of cute patterns and maximum stain resistance.) I have several brands of OBV, but most of mine are by Go with the Flo which has a hemp core and a pretty swirly colored top. If trying Go with the Flo out, I recommend starting with a selection from her "shaped" series b/c it is the most adjustable to the most body types due to a floppy tapered absorbency design. A cheaper OBV brand some have recommended is Essence of Eve, although it just has plain colored pads that offer no flare (no extra width at the front and back). Pampered Mama, who I think has a really nice cut to her pads, mostly offers (and is known for) her minky tops, but she does have a couple of pastel OBVs that you could select too. Her cut would be very similar to Essence of Eve. I just bought some of her "naturally basic" liners and can't wait to get them!

My wash method is to spray them with dilute Biokleen bac-out, then drypail them for the remainder of my period, and at the end, soak them all in cold water. I add in some warm water in which I have stirred some oxygen bleach. After that I do a long cold water wash with an extra rinse. That usually takes care of them completely, so there is very little handling. It's great .

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 02-16-2013 at 12:52 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:35 PM   #17
earthmama222
Registered Users
seller

Well I was just thinking, I'll be using these for postpartum, maybe I should just include the PUL layer in there? Does the fleece backing work just as well? What do you prefer for a heavy flow and why? I've never used cloth for post partum before so dont really know how to do cloth for a heavy flow. LOL
As far as sizes Kitty, a regular daytime pad is 9-10 inches. They will say the flow rating in the description
Old 02-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #18
earthmama222
Registered Users
seller

And yes totally measure your fave disposable's and customize from there as the above post mentioned! You'll love the cloth pads. I just rinse mine in lukewarm water a little and squeeze out, then throw in my wetbag with my dirty diapers! Or even just wash with my normal laundry. Just like I would if I accidentally leaked on some underwear. No need to make a big deal out of washing cloth pads IMO
Old 02-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #19
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

I didn't mention this earlier b/c I thought the group buy was closed, but the group buy with 40% off on Go with the Flo pads is open until midnight TONIGHT. If you like "Lilia Designs/Go with the Flo" on facebook you will be able to link to the order form for the group buy! There are also pictures of all of the swirly colors available, but you may have to go further down the wall now to find those. Hope that helps someone!

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #20
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama222
Well I was just thinking, I'll be using these for postpartum, maybe I should just include the PUL layer in there? Does the fleece backing work just as well? What do you prefer for a heavy flow and why? I've never used cloth for post partum before so dont really know how to do cloth for a heavy flow. LOL
As far as sizes Kitty, a regular daytime pad is 9-10 inches. They will say the flow rating in the description
No PUL! IME, wool or fleece works very well and is much more comfortable than a PUL pad.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote