Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Wool dryer balls - want negative reviews too!

I don't want names of companies. I want to know if you tried wool dryer balls and if they didn't work for you, or if they did. Can you also say how many were in the load and if they were yarn or roving?

I want some if they'll help but I want to be realistic, too...

Advertisement

themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Wool dryer balls - want negative reviews too!

I haven't used them but you did say you want negative as well as positive. I have read if you don't clean out your dryer exhaust regularly it can pose a fire hazard. I have read they put off a lot of lint.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko
I haven't used them but you did say you want negative as well as positive. I have read if you don't clean out your dryer exhaust regularly it can pose a fire hazard. I have read they put off a lot of lint.
Good point. This doesn't bother me but it was a good reminder to clean ours out tonight.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have four in my dryer right now, that I bought of Eco Baby Buys for $15. The biggest pain in the butt is finding them all when you take the laundry out. They love to hide and/or fall/roll away. It's a hide and seek game every time. I haven't noticed any dramatic changes in drying time, but I also haven't been clocking anything.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis
I have four in my dryer right now, that I bought of Eco Baby Buys for $15. The biggest pain in the butt is finding them all when you take the laundry out. They love to hide and/or fall/roll away. It's a hide and seek game every time. I haven't noticed any dramatic changes in drying time, but I also haven't been clocking anything.
^^ same same. Except the dog ate one, and then there were three.

Dog liked it
Old 02-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieism View Post
^^ same same. Except the dog ate one, and then there were three.

Dog liked it
And then the youngest child found one and thought it was a ball. And then there were two

I used them for a while. Thought I loved them, realized they were more of a pain *for*me* than what they were worth. The constant search for them drove me batty
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #7
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have 3 large and 4 small in my dryer. Roving, not yarn. A couple of mine are starting to shed a little after 1 1/2-2 years of use. They do not cut dryer time for me but do replace fabric softener rather effectively. I say "rather" effectively b/c their static-limiting powers are, well, a little limited and b/c I really need more balls than that. I used 3 at first and was impressed enough to buy 4 more. I suspect I need 2-3 more to really get the clothes the way I want. It just isn't necessary enough to make it into the budget yet . I'm pleased overall.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429
I have 3 large and 4 small in my dryer. Roving, not yarn. A couple of mine are starting to shed a little after 1 1/2-2 years of use. They do not cut dryer time for me but do replace fabric softener rather effectively. I say "rather" effectively b/c their static-limiting powers are, well, a little limited and b/c I really need more balls than that. I used 3 at first and was impressed enough to buy 4 more. I suspect I need 2-3 more to really get the clothes the way I want. It just isn't necessary enough to make it into the budget yet . I'm pleased overall.
So if we don't use fabric softener or dryer sheets, we may not care for them?

How does a dog eat one?? Yikes!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
This. I use three in the dryer (after using 1/4 cup-ish of apple cider vinegar in the wash as fabric softener) and our clothes are the softest they've ever been!

Our cat likes to find them first and then give them to our dog who likes to eat them. Weird.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #10
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm down to two if the nine I made because of the dogs. They fall in the floor, dog snatches them and out the doggie door they go!
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote