Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

What could possibly be wrong with my almost 5 month old???

I have posted a few times in desperation. My daughter will be 5 months old on the 26th. She was an easy happy baby. She was gaining good and nursing like a champ.. Everything was just good. She slept good everything!! I was so thrilled because my first was a very high needs baby. Then one day everything changed. I thought she was just having a bad day.... that was 6 weeks ago. She's screaming and crying a lot. Every single time I put her to sleep. She used to nurse to sleep now she barely nurses during the day and when I try to feed her she screams and stiffens out and acts like it hurts. She's lost weight and stopped.gaining. I have to cup feed her frequently because she doesn't take bottles. She fights sleep to the point of screaming when I try to get her to sleep (I have to wear her and bounce on the yoga ball) then sleeps for 20mins to 1hr tops. But it takes me that long to get her to sleep.
I have taken her to multiple Drs and it was determined she has a dairy intolerance. So I cut dairy out, its been 3 weeks. No change... We also tried zanatac for reflux. Nada. I thought teething? Did an amber .ncklace, teething strips/tablets/Camilla/tylenol. We tried colic calm..... Should I go on? I have a 2 year old too. I am going insane. Ready for a nervous breakdown.... I get no sleep and listen to two crying whiny kids all day. Help please

Advertisement

Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Has she been checked for a tongue tie? Other than that I don't have any practical ideas for you, just lots of my DD1 was a colicky, very trying baby, it was a year before things really got better and it wasn't because of anything we did.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What could possibly be wrong with my almost 5 month old???

teething and possible ear infection? get an adjustment from a trained chiro immediatly and you should see a very fast difference.

my son did the same thing for months, to where I had to bottle feed breastmilk. wished I had just had him adjusted cause once I did, he was FINE.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Maybe try a 2-3 day trial of pumping and hypoallergenic formula (Allimentum or Nutramigin) just to see if that makes a difference?

Zantac didn't do anything for DD1 or DS. Both had to do Prilosec to see any improvement.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Thanks ladies. I forgot to add, she.has been adjusted and checked for ear infections multiple times
Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i guess teething then
Old 02-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #7
mevans
Registered Users
seller
seller

So sorry! I don't know what's wrong, but I hope it's better soon! Have you completely cut dairy out, including hidden dairy? It can be kinda sneaky. Any other trials of avoiding foods? Like acidic foods or any of the remaining common allergens? Maybe keep a food journal?
Michelle wifey to Justin, homeschooling SAHM to Kerilynn 3/28/04, Hunter 8/4/06, baby girl Piperann Meadow born 7/19/2011 at 40w5d, and our Great Dane Jess & missing Finley Jonas 7/27/10 ISO: size large Bummis Super Brite covers
mevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitter View Post
Has she been checked for a tongue tie? Other than that I don't have any practical ideas for you, just lots of my DD1 was a colicky, very trying baby, it was a year before things really got better and it wasn't because of anything we did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
teething and possible ear infection? get an adjustment from a trained chiro immediatly and you should see a very fast difference.

my son did the same thing for months, to where I had to bottle feed breastmilk. wished I had just had him adjusted cause once I did, he was FINE.

I was going to suggest these things too. I see you had her adjusted. Just once? Maybe she needs to go again. Did the doctor look for tongue tie? I'm sorry. I can only imagine you are so wore out ((hugs)) wish I could suggest more or come take her so you could nap!
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #9
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Elecare was magic for my son. It is expensive. But the first night he ever slept for 4 hours at a time, was the second day he was on it.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #10
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree on making sure all hidden dairy is out of your diet. Are you doing soy? Many children with dairy issues have soy trouble too. I have four dairy intolerant children so I know how tough it can be. My older dd used to only sleep in the moby wrap or on my chest with me sleeping at a 45 degree angle. We ended up getting a wedge illow that worked great for her. Also found she is is sensitive to wheat, oats, banana (latex cross stuff) and a few other things (can't remember them all, I actually have a list on my fridge to keep everyone's sensitivities straight!) my youngest can't do any of those things either but in addition is sensitive to nuts, eggs and chocolate. We eat lots of rice, meat (mostly chicken) and veggies here but its worth it for sleep. I hope you get it figured out soon momma I also recommend the book "be your own doctor" by Rachel weaver she talks about colic and recommends probiotics and papaya enzymes for mom and baby and explains doses and administration.