Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #11
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
Maybe try a 2-3 day trial of pumping and hypoallergenic formula (Allimentum or Nutramigin) just to see if that makes a difference?

Zantac didn't do anything for DD1 or DS. Both had to do Prilosec to see any improvement.
This. I'll live in a box on the street before I go without nutramigen. Ds was a nightmare before it.

Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #12
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

Re: What could possibly be wrong with my almost 5 month old???

You are describing my son when he was a baby. I ended up cutting just about everything out of my diet to the point I was practically starving and my milk started drying up. No change with baby. Then the Dr. said to quit BF that it was possible baby was allergic basically to me and to formula feed only. After doing this baby changed back to sweet self. I was devastated but so thankful we could sleep again. The Dr. said he was not breaking down the proteins? in my milk and metabolizing them correctly. Later we found out that he actually has pancreatic insufficiency and a couple of other metabollic disorders. I felt so much better after his diagnosis and realizing there was a real medical reason he could not handle my breast milk.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #13
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sounds like my dd.
6 weeks old she stopped gaining and had been screaming fro WEEKS nonstop, like seriously we'd been to the ER THREE TIMES. turns out she couldnt suck so once my letdown wasnt as forceful she wasnt getting enough just by swallowing and stopped gaining. she also had a HUGE feeding aversion due to reflux. zantac did nothing. prevacid + maalox+ probiotics helped but she was still super fussy. it was hit or miss as to whether she would scream all day(like 20+ hours) or not. she also started having seizures but that wasnt related, i dont think. we kind of dealt with it i was pumping since she couldnt suck and we just found ways to placate her. (dairy was not an issue bc im lactose intolerant so it was out of my diet already). fast forward to 6 months and i give her a cracker, like a saltine. instant hives, head to toe realize she had been puking every time she had the gerber puffs and cut out gluten. 2.5 weeks later, totally different baby. she sat up and rolled over for the first time at 7.5 months, started babbeling, she hasnt screamed in over a week. so im pretty sure the traces of gluten in my milk was just enough to upset her tummy and make her feel bad we assumed the spitting up was the reflux but it has stopped also. no idea if that will work for you but you could give it a try.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #14
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mama, I suggest a few days without dairy (you are doing that already), soy, wheat, eggs, and nuts. Dairy can take a long time to clear out, but some of these other things can show results almost over night (if they are triggers).
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #15
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Also, keep a journal of how much you LO is drinking. We were told when DS was 4 months that if we didn't get 20 oz in him a day, we were to take him to the children's hospital ER. He eventually got an NG, and then a G tube to help keep him hydrated and growing. There is something not right, and if your doc won't listen, you need to find someone else who will. Babies cry for a reason. Something is hurting, they are over stimulated, they are tired, something. Your kiddo is trying to tell you something.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #16
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Im so sorry. I agree with getting your baby checked for a tongue tie. Also dairy can be hidden but maybe it more than dairy. Maybe celiac or has another allergen.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #17
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
Also, keep a journal of how much you LO is drinking. We were told when DS was 4 months that if we didn't get 20 oz in him a day, we were to take him to the children's hospital ER. He eventually got an NG, and then a G tube to help keep him hydrated and growing. There is something not right, and if your doc won't listen, you need to find someone else who will. Babies cry for a reason. Something is hurting, they are over stimulated, they are tired, something. Your kiddo is trying to tell you something.
yeah that. dd was randmly only taking 12-15 oz a day for a week at a time. i think it was the gluten but idk for sure. but i do know if she does it again we are to go to childrens after 24 hours of not eating 20 oz
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:56 AM   #18
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone. I have cut all dairy even hidden dairy and I do very minimal amounts of soy. At this point I think I'm going to do a total elimination diet and see what happens
Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #19
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My DS was the same way. I cut out dairy, soy, wheat, nuts and shrimp and he improved a lot. Good luck!!
Btw now he is almost 12 and has no allergies
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #20
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Zantac did jack for us. Had to switch to Prevacid and it was like having a new baby.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote