Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

BCBS health ins. covers jogging stroller??

so i signed up for this "future moms" program in the first few weeks of this pregnancy that my ins. company, BCBS sent me info about. the 'program' is essentially an initial health history questionnaire, a couple of phone calls (one around 29 weeks, one postpartum), and they send you a pregnancy book, some information on diet, etc. one of the benefits of doing so is that they reimburse you up to $300 for a list of things like childbirth classes, pre/post natal exercise classes or DVDs, breast pumps, infant CPR, and even a jogging stroller.

well, im not joining any exercise classes since i workout at home and the DVDs i bought used are barely totaling $25, i already took infant CPR with my 2nd kiddo, and my breast pump is covered under my regular plan already- so i called them today to ask about the jogging stroller and she told me i can purchase any jogger, save the receipt, and on completion of the program (when my baby is born) she will send me the form to fill out and i will be reimbursed.

this sounds awesome if it really works- i cant find any loopholes or catches. has anyone else done this before or is currently?

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
mamato2boyz
Formerly lyndibri
seller
seller

My Mood:
Never heard of it. What does BCBS stand for?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forumh
Old 02-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #3
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

Re: BCBS health ins. covers jogging stroller??

blue cross blue shield...

i should x-post this in the general pregnancy forum to see if anyone knows about it.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

I've never heard of it and have BCBS. I would love to hear more! How did you get started in the "future moms"? I imagine I'm too far in now to qualify.
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Each BCBS is different in each state and each policy is different depending on the employer. Each BCBS is run by a different company. I worked for BCBS of Illinois and at that time, we also ran Texas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma. Those 4 are run by Health Care Service Corporation (non-profit). So just because one offers a certain benefit, not all do.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have BCBS and they contacted me about their special program for expecting mothers last year when I was pregnant with DD. They didn't tell me much about it on the phone but said they would send a packet of info. I never got a darn packet and I never heard from them again regarding my pregnancy. I wonder if they'll get in touch with me regarding this pregnancy. I bought my pump used during my first pregnancy. I'd like a new one if insurance will cover it, but I don't know if they will as I'm a SAHM.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry for the barge. I was in that program with Horizon BCBS in NJ when I was pregnant with the triplets. All I got was annoyed with the nurse that knew even less then I did.

We currently have the same insurance and have a FAR worse plan and I just looked through the whole website and didn't even see this as an option for me. Did you have to call them or did they call you? Honestly at this point I would just be happy if they covered my delivery. Though I would use whatever I could get from them.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

double post
Old 02-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
FairSailing188
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have BCBS Federal. Just checked their site and didn't see anything obvious . I guess I'll call after my first OB appointment in a few weeks.

Under normal circumstances I'd say I told you so. But, as I have told so with such vehemence and frequency already the phrase has lost all meaning. Therefore, I will be replacing it with the phrase, I have informed you thusly.
FairSailing188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #10
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

ddc...it's all based on the state your bcbs is through. I got a packet for the "new mom" program last year (when I wasn't pregnant). Now that I am, I need to go back on the site and sign up.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote