Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
mamadrea
Registered Users

Considering ignoring doc's orders...

Long story short, I just miscarried a week ago at about 6 weeks along. I was stupidly shocked and completely heartbroken - I know these things are common, but my other two pregnancies were about as perfect as could be possible.

My doctor (who, I will add, did not want to see me in person) said on the phone to wait 2-3 cycles so my "body can recover" before trying again. I might not have a medical degree, but is this really necessary? I was so very early, that I feel like all I really went through was a very, very bad period. My emotions were worse than the actual toll it seemed to take on my body.

I'd love to hear input from anyone who has been through this. If it's a matter of health for me or a potential baby, obviously I will wait. However, I am just wondering if it's really necessary.

Thanks in advance. Love having this forum to turn to in times of need!

Advertisement

mamadrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks, had one cycle, got pregnant on the second cycle and had a baby 9 months later. It is hard to know when that first AF will appear after a miscarriage, so hard to gauge fertile times, but certainly possible to get pregnant right after a miscarriage. I don't think I would wait in your case.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Considering ignoring doc's orders...

I'm so sorry for your loss. We have never waited, but with that said, we haven't really tried either. It's pointless for me to try right after. The first two cycles after my body is crazy. Short or long cycles, annovulatory cycles. Nothing in my cycle works right for a few months, so it wouldn't matter if I tried or not it's not going to work. I find I do need the mental break thought. Good luck with your decision, I"m not medical expert either, I've just BTDT and that's what I've found my own body goes through.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DP
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
Sorry for your loss. My friend had a loss at about 6 weeks and was never told to wait. Although, emotionally she wasn't ready. She did have a successful pregnant about two cycles later.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:

So sorry for your loss. I had a m/c in March around 6-7w and then got pg with DS1 the very next cycle. I've heard it's easier to get pg the cycle after a m/c, but unsure how true that is. I did go on to have a healthy pregnancy though. Good luck!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have never waited either. With our 1st m/c we resumed intimacy after I was done bleeding and dd2 was conceived. I have had 3 back to back early losses (nov., dec., jan.) and I am now pregnant again. Praying for the best but at my age I can't afford to wait a few cycles!! Good luck sweetie. I think we know when we are ready.
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
melarndt
Registered Users

Our doctor told us after our loss at 7 weeks that there was no need to wait.
melarndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #9
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i lost a baby before my 4th baby, I was 5 weeks and I got pregnant 2 weeks later. hes 6 now
I say go for it!!

I had a loss last month and was 10 weeks. we will probably try this month (1st cycle) or in 3 months... trying to avoid being ill while on vacation.

Last edited by homebirthmom; 02-16-2013 at 09:16 AM.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #10
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I also had several losses while TTCing. I got pregnant and had another loss the very next cycle each time. It was quite disappointing for me. Then I waited got pregnant and lost again. I think it all depends on why you are miscarrying. Most docs only tell you to wait for easy dating. If you get pregnant the first cycle it can be hard to date the pregnancy.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote