Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
JustSmile7
Registered Users

Help me order these prefolds please:)

Ok so I'm about to click the buy button on the imagine Indian prefolds... Here is what I need help on...
In my cart I have
-1 dozen newborn which is the 2x5x2 ply and dimensions are 11x14
-1 dozen standard infant which is 4x6x4 ply and dimensions 11x14
-1 dozen Infant which is 4x8x4 ply and dimensions 11x14

At home I have some given by a friend which I have no clue what ply or brand they are. They measure 11x16.

Help me decide which item in the cart to delete since I have 1 dz of the unknow prefolds at home.

Advertisement

JustSmile7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me order these prefolds please:)

I'd probably get rid of the standard, since the other infant are 2 ply more in the middle right?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
JustSmile7
Registered Users

That's kind of what I was thinking too. I wasn't sure if someone thought maybe the newborn wasn't sufficient enough ply. Or if the infant would be too much to put on a newborn if I ran out of newborn ply in a day...

Can you tell I over think everything?!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
klevmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

IMO, there isn't a whole lot of difference between 4x6x4 and 4x8x4 - it's really hard to tell the difference when holding one of each.

The 2x5x2 are definitely harder to come by, so what you already have probably isn't those. These are really nice for smaller babies where you get a better fit with less bulk and don't really need more absorbency than they can provide.

So, I guess I'd say it depends on what your needs are. Will you be using these on a brand new babe? If so, I'd get rid of the standard infant or the infant. If you will be using them on a bigger baby, you may want to get rid of the newborn.

I will add, though, that I have the newborn ones myself, and I really like them for trifolding in covers and using more like an insert. They are trimmer, wash up a little better, and dry faster. For snappi-ing, however, I would lean more towards the thicker ones.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
JustSmile7
Registered Users

Ok...this will be for a newborn..I have a lot of BG 4.0 so these are basically for the newborn stage. However I did end up going its Duo Thirsties so I figured my prefolds at home will work well for the larger stage of thirsties if that makes sence.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would keep the newborn and not buy one of the infants. Sound like your unknown ones are the "Standard" size that are a bit longer. Great for attaching to baby, less good for tri-folding in covers.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
JustSmile7
Registered Users

Thanks for the help! I ended up sticking with the newborn and infant. It was a hard choice because I looked at the GMDs again and they are shorter...but the newborn size didn't have a different ply.....so ultimately I just decided to go with imagines. Now my stash should be complete! Just have to avoid buying more for fun now