Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-21-2014, 12:05 PM   #1
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Covers preferences

Okay, so I'm in the market for new diapers for my super soaker dd. I'm looking into trying bamboo prefolds, and trifolding would be the easiest for daddy and daycare.

Which cover is AWESOME at containing leaks, yet keeps the prefold in place for an active one year old, and is durable? I have a capri and I like it, I'm pretty sure the size would last to potty training. Do I buy more of those, or something different.

DD is 20lbs average build, tummy sleeper, and super soaker. (So a front PUL panel like on Capris would be essential). I also have BG 4.0 which work pretty well for us, just checking my options. Would Flips work until potty training on an average sized kid?

Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #2
rooster2012
Registered Users
seller

Yes, flips would definitely work till PLing on an average sized kid. I would also suggest Diaper Safari, the have front and back PUL flaps which really hold the prefold in place. I never had pee leaks with either, but I had one or two poo leaks (when DD had diarrhea) with the flips. None with DS, also the leg design is similar (although DS has hip snaps so that may have helped.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Covers preferences

Diaper Rite OS covers worked very well for us. DS outgrew the rise on Flips and the rise of the DR is similar to size 2 Capris but less expensive, softer and stretchier, and I liked the snap placement and inner flaps much better. I think they are now called Diaper Junction OS Covers. Wolbybugs and Diaper Safari make the same type of cover and I think the size is supposed to be the same but I havent tried either of them. I used padfolded gerber rcv'ing blankets (trimmer and more durable than other brands) in ours for daytime when ds was a toddler but I bet trifolded pfs would be even easier. The only downside to the DRs is that they do not have the double leg gussets if that is your preference.

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 05-21-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
Clare_S
Registered Users

Nickis Diapers brand diaper covers are really great for trifolded prefolds. I am very, very pleased with them.
Clare_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #5
vlswager
Registered Users

I'll second Nicki's covers for tri-folding. I use fastened flats normally but for ease of use(i.e. daddy) I like Nicki's b/c of the large inner flaps. Plus they have great gussets. My dd is on the middle rise and I'm not too sure I like the fit but for the price you can't go wrong! Plus they're super cute
Old 05-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #6
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks!

Flips, Diaper Safari, Nicki's, and Diaper Rite...

How are they for durability. I think I better find something that will last very well or DH will not be happy with me I can hang dry them in my laundry room.

Last edited by nebraskamom; 05-21-2014 at 09:48 PM.
nebraskamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #7
kjealysci
Registered Users
seller

Grovia are my favorite hands down but if you want a cover at a great price I would suggest Diaper Safari or Nickis. Those two have a totally different fit but neither one leaves red marks which is a huge plus for me. Nickis would probably be easier for your DH because there are less snaps and sometimes men are overwhelmed by all the snaps on diaper covers. Diaper Safari has hip snaps. I love hip snaps but that's two more snaps to deal with. Flips are nice but the elastic doesn't hold up and they cost more. I have two because they are prints I love.
kjealysci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #8
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Green Line covers are AMAZING. Leg toggles make them completely adjustable for the trimmest fit There are frequently new prints, regular custom slots, and fleece options for night. Size 1 fits average kids through their cloth diapering days, but there is also a larger size 2 available for toddlers. I can't say enough great things about them!
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:32 PM   #9
Txladybug
Registered Users

For covers with flaps, I like flips and capris. I didn't like the fit or the three snap configuration on diaper safari, although the flaps are really nice. I also really like aplix thirsties duos, but they don't have flaps.
Txladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #10
chamise
Registered Users
seller

I would try several covers. I love my Grovia covers but have moved to thirstiest and capris for my chunky toddler
chamise is offline   Reply With Quote