Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #11
ankc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We used meos and sandy's with ds2 and loved them!! I'm a huge fan of the meaf covers too we had a lot of success at night with them as well- I am cautiously expecting #3 and plan on using lots of ME diapers! I can't wait to plan my stash holding off for now tho...

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #12
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

DD is still sleeping, but I found these old pics in Photobucket so I figured I'd share I know I love action shots! I can't remember how old she was, but I think she was around 18 lbs or so in these pics. Let me know if there's a way to find dates when you uploaded pics in PB because it's bothering me lol.

Here's the medium MEAF over a small Sandy. Notice the gap where the "air flows." I absolutely loved how the MEAF fit so well over the Sandy, yet smooshed down nicely under clothes:

This show the size difference between the small and large sandys, I just wish I could remember how old she was in the pics so I could tell yall the weight. I know there's lots of threads asking about either getting small or larges so this would be a good reference, EXCEPT I don't remember when these were taken.
Small Sandys, fit great here:

Large Sandys. Fit and there were no leaks, but definitely too bulky for clothes or going out. (These fit perfectly now and she outgrew the smalls. Shows how old these pics are)

And just for fun, this shows the fit of the MEOS folded down vs. not
Folded, nice and trim under pants:

Not folded down:

Saggy bum lol

Sorry for the pic overload!! As you can tell I really love these dipes.

Last edited by Skybaby712; 02-17-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Skybaby712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #13
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I used ME sandies and meaf almost exclusively with DS and loved them!
There was nothing like the stay dry meos for nighttime!
And, the me aio is the only one I've used to never ever leak ebf poo!
I'm hoping they offer the wizard line in aplix closure... That would be the perfect daycare/sitter diaper (for some reason snaps and/or 2 piece systems confuse caregivers).
The me line may not be the cutest, but it works!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by amb2j; 02-17-2013 at 08:49 AM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #14
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: THE I still LOVE motherease thread!! It's 2013!

DS ate my post so sad I had typed up our story but will have to retype it later. Anyway, we our motherease diapers. For now here's a picture of our basket of sandies
Old 02-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #15
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love all the stories and pics mamas! Keep em coming!
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #16
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetest View Post
Brand new ME user here! The three lg Sandys I got from FSOT arrived on Friday, I prepped them and put them on yesterday. I love the fit. They are super bulky but they look so comfy on my LO (who is just over 20lbs).

I used them coverless yesterday (because I'm still trying to figure out what covers I want) and my baby's skin was perfect at every change. I've have 15 BG 4.0s and he does pretty well in those, but is definitely a little more red at diaper changes.

The BG 4.0s may become my diaper bag, daddy, and first morning poop diapers (the BG 4.0s are so easy to clean poop out of!) I may even sell a few of the 4.0s once I figure out the covers for the Sandys...

I'm not sure what I'm going to put over them for clothes though... does anyone use Sandy's during the day. Will I be able to fit 18 - 24 mo. rompers over these in the summer... (I live in a warm climate so it will be warm here soon!) I don't think I will be able to fit pants over them (which is fine because I really prefer one piece outfits for the first couple years...) Or maybe I should invest in some cute covers and let him run around town in just t-shirts

I'm seriously considering looking for a Sm Sandys lot on FSOT to use for a while - do you think I would be able to use them for a while? Will there be a substantial difference in bulk? My guy is average all around... not skinny and not chunky.

You should definitally get some small sandies- they are very stretchy and fit a lot of kiddos right up thru potty training and have way less bulk than the larges. I too wish ME would make a medium size sandy. As for covers...well you can use the airflow cover, dappi pull on covers, or a bummis pull on...those all work really well during the potty training phase. I also just would use mine with no cover like a true training pant.
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #17
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybaby712 View Post
Ooh I love these threads I will definitely post action shots when DD wakes up. I used to love both the MEOS and Sandys. I had a rainbow, but DD had a growth spurt and the MEOS started fitting funny so I sold them The MEOS are perfect for night. They are shaped so that you can stuff any amount of doublers in there and still have no gaping.

I just absolutely love my Sandys though! They are perfect for us. I love the colors and the sidesnaps. I have the cotton terry and they wash up well and dry about as fast as a pf. DD sits on the potty a few times a day and these are easy to pull up and down.

I also love my MEAF. That thing was kind of ugly lol, but it NEVER LEAKED and was actually breathable. I loved how it perfectly fit around my sandys. I sold it though because DD outgrew it, but I'm thinking about getting more in a larger size.

***Anyone go through PL with the Sandys and MEAF? Is it easy for your LO to pull up and down or is it too much with a fitted+cover? Right now is use wool and fleece pants which work great, but I kind of want an escuse to buy more covers

Yes! Very nice to use for potty training- with or without a cover on top. You can also use dappi pull on covers or bummies pull on...for my little trainers I also did the sandies with a pull on wool cover.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #18
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

My second ds wet through every sposie I tried within an hour. I was so tired of changing his clothes and bedding several times per day, and night. I remembered seeing a cloth diaper ad in a magazine, so I got online and found ME. Our first cloth was a small Sandys and a windpro pull-on. That combined with a good doubler lasted all night through a couple of feedings with no leaks.....no changing sheets in the middle of the night. We left sposies behind for good and had a whole stash of Sandys and Airflows.....never leaked. I grew to prefer the OS after he outgrew the small Sandys and used both for my next baby.

I wish I had known about Sandys with my oldest. He was in sposies because I didn't know any better. He had daily blowouts where I had to bathe him and scrub the carpet. I thought it was just something you had to deal with, but I have no doubts that a Sandys and airflow would have held it in.

When one ds was 5, he had a bad tummy bug and wasn't making it to the potty before poo ran down his leg. I talked him into wearing a OS, and while it fit like bikini underwear, it held in the mess.

We are TTC, and I already have some Sandys, Airflows, and OS in hopes of a new blessing.

ETA: I have some Peachy Green Switcheroos size 0 that fit over the xs Sandys when I tried them on a stuffed bear. Not sure how the other sizes would work, but worth a try if you want some variety.

Last edited by mothergooseofthree; 02-17-2013 at 01:41 PM.
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #19
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Never found a love for MEOS (I have bought and sold them a few times BUT I LOVE Sandy's fitteds. And I have never liked any other fitteds (believe I tried a bunch!)
Their snap arrangement is super simple (not a million rows and adjustments), they are soft and stretchy, squish down nice, absorb well and hold up really well to any kind of washing!
I have 12 small bamboo for DS #2 that should be here in May. I was using them on my 30 pound toddler for pull ups/potty training around the house but they are a little snug on him.
I am thinking of getting either Toddler-ease or large sandy's for him as trainers. Debating between organic cotton or bamboo as well. Thoughts? I have their bamboo which is nice and soft but have never tried their organic cotton.
Here are some action shots of DS in small bamboo sandy's

And this cute little dyed one
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #20
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love the upside down pic! :-) Cute!