Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #21
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Re: THE I still LOVE motherease thread!! It's 2013!

I am just a recent ME Sandy's convert, after being at a total loss for overnight solutions for my large heavy-wetter. I had him sleeping on a lanolinized sheepskin with a Poise pad inside a hemp fitted because I had basically given up.

He's only 10 months old but already too big for most OS diapers. I bought a Large bamboo Sandy's and he can go overnight (with a hemp insert and ME stay-dry liner added). I love their stay-dry material on their inserts and wish they'd make a Sandy's with that option, but their liners are so generously sized that it seems to work well to just add a stay dry liner.

I was so impressed with the Sandy's and the stay-dry liners that I've replaced all my mf inserts on my daycare pocket diapers with ME inserts. I am loving the trimness and the absorbancy is good....it is saving my hands from the terrible mf-pocket-stuffing excema I was getting. Turned out to be more affordable and trimmer than prefolds, too.

I have ordered 4 more Sandy's for summer and another MEAF because that thing is so dependable. I wish I had tried Motherease products sooner....I had kind of written off all fitteds after trying KLOs with my super soaker and almost quitting CDing right in that first week.

This thread is making me think I may try the bedwetter pants or AIOs when I need to get trainers. I was planning to just use Sandy's as a Pull-up, but if he needs to size up, I would like to try those. The side venting thing is pure genius...and no it doesn't leak there even if baby sleeps on his side.

I cannot rave about this Sandy's diaper enough. I need to get action shots because I have only had them about a month. I like how they look more like underwear than a diaper. So cute.

Advertisement

Last edited by kirst; 02-18-2013 at 12:27 AM.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #22
sweetest
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDaughter76 View Post
You should definitally get some small sandies- they are very stretchy and fit a lot of kiddos right up thru potty training and have way less bulk than the larges. I too wish ME would make a medium size sandy. As for covers...well you can use the airflow cover, dappi pull on covers, or a bummis pull on...those all work really well during the potty training phase. I also just would use mine with no cover like a true training pant.
I don't think my guy will make it with smalls through PLing (which helps me justify buying the smalls when I just bought the larges) I have the regular cotton because I like the colors and I hear those aren't as stretchy? I'm so tempted to try the smalls but if there isn't a huge bulk difference I'm going to just stick with the larges. Decisions, decisions...

If I do get some smalls... will the M/L MEAF cover work with them or will I need to get the Med MEAF, anyone know??

Seriously considering selling off some of my BG 4.0s to fund more Sandies
sweetest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #23
sweetest
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I still LOVE motherease thread!! It's 2013!

Quote:
Some pics of my son (20 mths) in airflow covers and sandy's. He currently uses a Stay dry meos with the matching snap in stay dry liner ( I put a hemp doubler under the liner) and a woolybottoms soaker for his nighttime all night diaper. No leaks ever!

What size Sandy's is that and how big is your baby... I'm still trying to decide if I should get some smalls! Those look great on him
Old 02-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #24
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetest View Post

What size Sandy's is that and how big is your baby... I'm still trying to decide if I should get some smalls! Those look great on him
Looking at the rise it looks like a large? I'm not sure. DD is 19 months and wears the larges. She is petite and has skinny legs. She can still wear the smalls, probably through PL too, but the rise is noticeably shorter and too me the larges just look more comfy. I think with the smalls more LOs outgrow the rise before anything else.

If we wore the Sandys out of the house and under regular clothes more often, I'd get more smalls though.

Last edited by Skybaby712; 02-18-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Skybaby712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #25
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

So... do most ME users love Sandy's? Because I'm seeing a lot of people talk about those and not so many saying MEOS. I have no love at all for MEOS but I've never tried Sandy's.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #26
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've use ME since we started cloth diapering and still love their products.

Right now on my 2 1/2 year old at night we use a terry MEOS with stay dry snap in liner and I add a flip organic insert under the liner. We use a WCW wool soaker over it. Great super soaker overnight diaper- it's never leaked!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #27
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I still LOVE motherease thread!! It's 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetest View Post
That is a size small on him- I don't own any larges... he was 22 lbs in this pic and 1.5 years old. It was actually stuffed with a liner and extra hemp doubler because he was going to bed. The airflow on him was a med/lg size. :-)
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!

Last edited by KingsDaughter76; 02-18-2013 at 09:43 PM.
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:39 AM   #28
txmommytobe
Registered Users

My Mood:

So I am thinking about ordering some Sandies now does everyone prefer organic cotton or dyed cotton or bamboo Terry?? Thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #29
sweetest
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
That is a size small on him- I don't own any larges... he was 22 lbs in this pic and 1.5 years old. It was actually stuffed with a liner and extra hemp doubler because he was going to bed. The airflow on him was a med/lg size. :-)
Thanks! I bought 4 small sandy's on FSOT yesterday... I can't wait to try them on. The larges look so comfy but they do gape just a little bit around the waist (everything is set at the smallest setting). I was also going to order an airflow cover yesterday but wasn't sure which size... going to order a M/L now

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmommytobe View Post
So I am thinking about ordering some Sandies now does everyone prefer organic cotton or dyed cotton or bamboo Terry?? Thanks
The bamboo and organic seem to go faster on FSOT, so I'm guessing they are more popular. I like the colors so it was an easy choice for me!
Old 02-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #30
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmommytobe View Post
It seems like the bamboo are more popular here, but I actually prefer the cotton terry. My main preference between the two is how they dry faster than the bamboo, plus I love ME colors!

I just bought a pink airflow off FSOT DD outgrew our other one and I am finally getting around to getting a bigger size. Will post action shots when I get it!