Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #11
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I am getting the best cuddles today but can just feel DD's temp rising bitter sweet cuddles

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

All that Gatorade talk and now I want some! I wish it was just a drink and not a drink with a purpose.

Sorry about the sick cuddles. Those are the worst. You want to love it, but know they are bad because babe is feeling sick.

Afm: trying very hard to accept some things about bed rest in regards to DS. He is still in a physical communication age where sometimes you need to touch his shoulder to get him to really listen or turn him towards where you want him to go. He isn't listening to me very well at all. Then, my parents are doing fabulous with him but they parent soooooo differently than me. Its all small stupid stuff, but its so hard to sit and listen to it. I keep telling myself that its just small stuff and only for 5 more weeks...
Old 02-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #13
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
trying very hard to accept some things about bed rest in regards to DS. He is still in a physical communication age where sometimes you need to touch his shoulder to get him to really listen or turn him towards where you want him to go. He isn't listening to me very well at all. Then, my parents are doing fabulous with him but they parent soooooo differently than me. Its all small stupid stuff, but its so hard to sit and listen to it. I keep telling myself that its just small stuff and only for 5 more weeks...
I understand! DD1 was only 21 months when DD2 was born, plus hearing impaired and language delayed. It was REALLY hard to even get her attention without physical contact! And to sit back and let my mom take care if (totally incorrectly IMO ) her or even having DH be the primary caregiver was ROUGH. But this too shall pass!!
mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #14
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
So sorry - hope it gets better as he becomes more accustomed to you being on bed rest, etc. it's prolly a bit weird for him.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #15
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
I just cant imagine bedrest right now. omgoodness.

I went to church, lunch, pd for my bridesmaid dress, drove to get the baby swing, then the kids talked me into going to the park.........wearing kitten heels with a pointed toe o.O

pushing on the swings, in the mulch......

So im tired and my feet hurt and im 3 days out from 34w. Im nuts.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #16
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Put the carseat back together and clearly DD is too tall to rear face. Grr

Ah well

Yeah, I can't imagine bed rest. I really feel for you gals and I hope the time flies by because that has got to be difficult.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #17
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 17th - 23rd

I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I was on bed rest, not to mention that I'd hate to have to lesson plan for nine weeks of teaching.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #18
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverrone11 View Post
That's sad about the Inuit babies not living that long.
It's not like that anymore, not for the most part. I mean, babies die up there, but like they do all over, kwim? It used to be a big problem, though, so they would wait until 1 year to even name the baby... I don't know what they named or called the ones who died before a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
The Inuit thing is more common than you'd think. Perhaps not the naming part, but a lot of Polynesian cultures still have extremely large first birthday parties because having a child make it to 1 used to be pretty significant.
Yup, exactly. It's definitely not just in the Inuit culture/communities.

Quote:
I am getting the best cuddles today but can just feel DD's temp rising bitter sweet cuddles
Boo. Poor chickie.

Quote:
Afm: trying very hard to accept some things about bed rest in regards to DS. He is still in a physical communication age where sometimes you need to touch his shoulder to get him to really listen or turn him towards where you want him to go. He isn't listening to me very well at all. Then, my parents are doing fabulous with him but they parent soooooo differently than me. Its all small stupid stuff, but its so hard to sit and listen to it. I keep telling myself that its just small stuff and only for 5 more weeks...
Ugh, that does suck. I bet part of it with him is that he's tired of you being on bedrest and not able to play/be around with him like normal, so he's going to act out and try to control things - like by not listening, trying to force you to come to him, kwim? Not that he should be in trouble for it! But it's a normal reaction to this situation.
It's hard to have others parent your own kids! Try to let it slide, remind yourself that this is necessary and will be worth it, and that you will get him back on a schedule/routine/etc (albeit a new one anyways with a new baby in the mix!) after baby comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
drove to get the baby swing,

So im tired and my feet hurt and im 3 days out from 34w. Im nuts.
I agree. My legs and feet would be really swollen after all that up-and-around!

I'm kinda about my baby swing. Bought it for Levi, then lent it to my friend for her nephew (she baby sits him), she only used it for maybe a year, then it's sat in their closet for 6 months or whatnot... she gave it back to me and it's really dirty and marked up, and the cover is even ripped. I would never take such poor care of my own things, let alone something I borrowed from someone else!
I'm hoping to be able to get it cleaned up and patched/fixed and feel okay with it. Otherwise I'm just gonna buy a new one if I can't get it good enough for me!

Quote:
Put the carseat back together and clearly DD is too tall to rear face.
What seat are you wanting to rf her in? She should fit in most convertibles rf still - unless she's really really tall, like over 95th %ile.

AFM: L.o.n.g day - church, then just over to DH's parents, but we visited with SIL and them all afternoon, I took the boys outside to play for over an hour, then we stayed while DH and MIL went to their class at the church, we watched a movie in jammies. Top it off, it started snowing/storming after suppertime, so it took an hour to drive home (normally would take 40mins or so).
And DH is planning to go back in first thing tomorrow morning for breakfast and visiting Oh well, we'll manage!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:03 AM   #19
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
All that Gatorade talk and now I want some! I wish it was just a drink and not a drink with a purpose.

Sorry about the sick cuddles. Those are the worst. You want to love it, but know they are bad because babe is feeling sick.

My boys have been fighting like crazy! And doing especially naughty things they normally don't do because they know I am not going to come find them...like ripping all the covers off my bed, jumping on it and throwing all the clean clothes my mom had washed on the floor. ugh.

In my extreme boredom I did get one of those little looms things and make this for baby I made a matching cocoon for it too.
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #20
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ill try catching up later but I'm back! Had a great trip to the IL's, the kids loved snowshoeing and sledding down the hill Grandpa prepped for them, but its good to be home!!!
They said they'll be back down before the baby comes(they're main house is on the north shore, but they have another about 35 miles from us for the summers when FIL comes to do field work) so they said we can call them if I go in labor during the night and they'll stay with the kids. Which is awesome since my parents are 90 miles away. The hospital is 45 miles from us so I'm sort of worried about causing false alarms because I'm worried about them getting here for the kids, and us getting to the hospital.
Anyhow, glad everyone's still here