Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #81
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post

THey weren't rude so much... but definatly poo pooing... finally it was like ummm my OB sent me here... that's why i'm here so deal with it. The on call OB and the nurses were great though so over all as positive as a trip to our over crowded L&D triage area could be I guess.

Though the visit has given me a new puzzle... when I was TTC in the spring the fertility center did all my blood work etc... they told me my blood type is A+. Nurse starts reading off my info (blood work done in August) at the hospital... O+. I was like... ummmm what?! A closer look shows the info they have also shows no antibodies to HepB.... I'm vaccinated agian Hep A and B and have had blood work to confirm that i have antibodies so that isn't right either. So obviously somewhere along the line my results got messed up... I see more blood draws in my future. Ick.
That's scary! Its actually a fear of mine - that I have my blood type wrong or that its wrong in my records... Totally irrational, I know. Glad the NST turned out well. Better safe than sorry!

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #82
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 17th - 23rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
They should make women feel comfortable going in to get checked, or they run the risk of women ignoring potentially serious problems because they are worried about offending their doctors.
Very good point.

Quote:
they told me my blood type is A+. Nurse starts reading off my info (blood work done in August) at the hospital... O+. I was like... ummmm what?! A closer look shows the info they have also shows no antibodies to HepB.... I'm vaccinated agian Hep A and B and have had blood work to confirm that i have antibodies so that isn't right either. So obviously somewhere along the line my results got messed up... I see more blood draws in my future. Ick.
Sounds like they were looking at someone else's lab results - did they double check your name and birthdate against the file/results? If so, the lab likely mixed up results. Not only annoying, but potentially very scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I have been researching jammies/nursing tanks. Any suggestions on nursing tanks? Silly questio, but the point is that you don't wear a bra, right? Is there a lot of support in that?
I don't wear nursing tanks, just normal tanks with a nursing bra. There is some support, but very little, with tanks. I need the nursing bras. They also hold nursing pads much more effectively.

Sorry you're having to miss out, but hope your DH and DS have a blast!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #83
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
That's scary! Its actually a fear of mine - that I have my blood type wrong or that its wrong in my records... Totally irrational, I know. Glad the NST turned out well. Better safe than sorry!
That was my first response... but then i relized if they think I'm O+ that's okay because any positive blood type can recieve O+ just fine. So atleast even if it's screwed up they wouldn't give me anythign that would hurt me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Sounds like they were looking at someone else's lab results - did they double check your name and birthdate against the file/results? If so, the lab likely mixed up results. Not only annoying, but potentially very scary!
The nurse at the time didn't seem all that worried... but I hadn't noticed the second error at that point so I could see why she would believe what printed in front of her. I called my OB this morning... those are definatly the results they have for me. I debated calling the Fertility Center to double check their results... but getting a hold of them is a nightmare at the best of times. The receptionist at the OB made a note for my next visit (next friday) I think there should be enough questions there that they'll redo my blood work.

Most likely just a "paper work" snaffu... but I'm gald it came out now not when I was in labour... I was out of it enough not to catch the second error until i thought about it later just there for the NST I might have missed the blood type completely in labour.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #84
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
I love ordering from motherhood, I've had good experiences with them too and find their prices quite reasonable.
Really? I find them very expensive, even some of their 'clearance' is $40. AND you can only return by mail unless you want store credit...

Quote:
Yay!

I have been researching jammies/nursing tanks. Any suggestions on nursing tanks? Silly questio, but the point is that you don't wear a bra, right? Is there a lot of support in that?
Yeah, it's like a cheap sports bra really. I only use them for around the house. For out and about I prefer a supportive nursing bra and Undercover Mama tanks under other clothes. I just really wanted some jammies that were cute so I'd have something else to wear. I did get 2 pairs from the Motherhood buy 1 clearance get 1 free sale, and with my 2 nursing tanks and some yoga pants I'll be all set for lounging around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I don't wear nursing tanks, just normal tanks with a nursing bra. There is some support, but very little, with tanks. I need the nursing bras. They also hold nursing pads much more effectively.
Yeah, I'm a DD when engorged so I definitely need more 'oomf' in the bra department if anyone besides my mom or DH will be seeing me.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #85
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:

Yay!

Good golly how I hate BH! Glad they aren't dilating yet!

I am sure its not funny for you, but that's pretty funny. At least she is trying to be helpful.

Afm, my bx are driving me crazy! Who was it that said they felt like a walking BH contraction? That's how I feel, but a sitting one The medication I am taking helps calm them down, but they are still there. And then today they are hurting again - even in my lower back.

My younger brother adores Ds, but he is very...immature for an adult (23) in regards to reproduction and childcare. For example, he plays and teaches Ds things all the time but would never babysit for fear that he'd have to wipe a butt. He will politely leave the room if the topic goes to anything childbirth related. So last night he surprised me and asked if he could touch my belly. It was actually pretty funny! He was so excited when the baby moved.

Ds and dh went to my inlaw's for the weekend. Its two hours from my hospital so I can't go. They will have fun, though. There is an awesome kids museum up there and they are expected to get way more snow than us. Hoping they can take DS sledding!
Im the walking bx!!! Still. Gah

Whats it like to be at home alone for the weekend?!??? Im slightly jealous.

Had my 34w appt today. Head down, hr 140, my pb was 116/74.........all is good!!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #86
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
I enjoy nursing tanks, but i gave small breast even when.nursing. I just get them at target
Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #87
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
I enjoy nursing tanks, but i gave small breast even when.nursing. I just get them at target
Same here!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #88
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I think there should be enough questions there that they'll redo my blood work.

Most likely just a "paper work" snaffu.
I agree, they'll likely redo the labwork for you.
My worry is that it's not just a glitch but an actual mix-up and then someone else has gotten your results - not that they'd know who you were, but that they wouldn't have gotten their own results, kwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Had my 34w appt today. Head down, hr 140, my pb was 116/74.........all is good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Hmm... we're getting Target here in town, supposed to be opening this spring - I'll have to remember to check for them!
I'm not as small as I used to be, and definitely not when my breasts are full, but I could get away with tanks at home after the first few weeks adjustment period.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #89
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I definitely need support from a bra then! That is good because I already have plenty of nursing bras, but no tanks.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #90
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love my nursing tanks.. but I was like a 34B while engorged.. so not expecting to be big this time around either.

I also love my sleep bras.

I want some new nursing bras, but I'm really scared breastfeeding is gonna flop again
so, I'll wait. What I have will work to start out.