Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Maddymies
Registered Users
seller

Most absorbant fitted dipe?

That is somewhat trim? My DS just soaks thru GMD.

Advertisement

Maddymies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
xmom4328
Registered Users
seller

Re: Most absorbant fitted dipe?

Oh I am sure you will get lots of opinions on this one! I have used GMDs but got to the point where they weren't absorbent enough for us and it was time to move on to the next size. So, I switched to Sbish snapless and happy little clouds for day, which are both pretty trim, and Sbish OBFs for night, which are bulkier but oh so very absorbent.
xmom4328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

size 1 LFPs are pretty trim. Kiwi Pie fitteds are pretty trim too, but we've only used ours twice so I can't attest too much to absorbency yet.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
BrittBBT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmom4328
Oh I am sure you will get lots of opinions on this one! I have used GMDs but got to the point where they weren't absorbent enough for us and it was time to move on to the next size. So, I switched to Sbish snapless and happy little clouds for day, which are both pretty trim, and Sbish OBFs for night, which are bulkier but oh so very absorbent.
I am finding the SBish to work very well overnight. Not sure if they are the regular snap less or the OBV though. I say def give them a try! My DS was leaking through pockets that were stuffed with 2 microfiber and a hemp doubler at night.
Brittany-mama to a bunch!Wife to Joseph Missing Zahra and Jayden my NCC and SAHM to Evan (5) Gavin & Bryce (3) and Avery (10.27.11)My planned UC, Daddy-caught Boobie Monster! 8lbs, 20'' long and 14'' head circum.
BrittBBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
webMistress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been liking Sbish snapless w/ one insert for day (pretty trim), 2 @ night. BSRBs w/o snaps are very trim too.

Get Cash Back Just By Shopping Online at Ebates! I just earned a $23 Amazon Gift Card!
webMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
webMistress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypeanut09
size 1 LFPs are pretty trim. Kiwi Pie fitteds are pretty trim too, but we've only used ours twice so I can't attest too much to absorbency yet.
What are LFPs? Someone suggested these to me in another thread.

Get Cash Back Just By Shopping Online at Ebates! I just earned a $23 Amazon Gift Card!
webMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #7
annagirl900
Registered Users

My Mood:

The most absorbent trim fitted I have used is the blueberry bamboo fitted which is being discontinued

I also like the Sustainablebabyish (Sbish) snapless fitted and the Sbish Happy Little Clouds.

I like Kiwi Pie fitteds too and they are trim, but not as absorbent as the two above (they are trimmer than Sbish).

Old vs. BumGenius Elemental Comparison
annagirl900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #8
spcjoneswifey
Registered Users
seller

Wow thats a lot of vote for Sustainablebabyish, could anyone explain the difference between the sbish regular fitteds and the sbish OBFs? Would you recommend one over the other for night times?
spcjoneswifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #9
annagirl900
Registered Users

My Mood:

The Sustainablebabyish OBF is made from organic bamboo fleece, the snapless fitteds are bamboo terry with bamboo fleece soakers as are the happy little clouds fitteds and the newest Sbish release are bamboo velour diapers with bamboo fleece soakers (Velour Happy Little Clouds). The OBF has one additional doubler that the other styles do not which adds to it amazing absorbency. I definitely recommend the OBF for nighttime, although we really like the happy little clouds for night time too

Old vs. BumGenius Elemental Comparison
annagirl900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcjoneswifey View Post
Wow thats a lot of vote for Sustainablebabyish, could anyone explain the difference between the sbish regular fitteds and the sbish OBFs? Would you recommend one over the other for night times?
The Sbish multis are good for days. They are made from bamboo terry and turned & topstitched on the legs so they don't cause irritation. The OBFs are made of bamboo fleece and are very very bulky but super absorbant. They have serged legs & can cause chaffing on baby. They did with my son so we sold them. Also they are very stiff when wet & shrink quite a bit.

I never used a HLC but my understanding is they are very similar to the snapless multis since they are T&T and bamboo terry. They just have snaps. The soaker is snake style too so it holds more (or so I have read). I just couldn't justify spending $29 on one to try it out. I wouldn't use the velour since IME velour is the least absorbant of the 3 : bamboo terry, bamboo fleece & bamboo velour.

I assume all are excellent quality since Sbish usually is. As for which I would use for night-time, I would try a HLC and get an extra doubler JIC. My son is petite and the OBFs (the usually recommended night diaper) left welts on his legs from both the bulk and the serging. Most people buy the OBF or "magic" diaper for nights.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote