Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
melissa621
Registered Users
seller

Ergo and newborns?

My baby is due in a few weeks and I am planning on eventually using an Ergo carrier. I live in Miami, so the infant insert isn't really an option. My question is how long is it before an infant can safely be carried in the Ergo? Should I invest in a sling in the meantime?

Advertisement

melissa621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
dilya6722
Registered Users

Re: Ergo and newborns?

I think sling or light wrap is much better option for you. Typically recommendations say to use ergo from 6 months only or when baby can sit up with support or from about 15 lb. Even though some parents start using it as soon as baby has head control - from about 3 months.I personally liked wrapping my newborn ( summer baby) with bamboo wrap but linen ring sling might be great for you as well - both options are for hot and humid weather
dilya6722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have both and Ergo and a light ring sling, and I like both for a newbie for different reasons. At home I prefer the RS, because it's light, not bulky at all, and easy to adjust a myriad of ways. I love the Ergo for our and about, because my babies feel more protected from the outside world somehow, and I can wear it for hours without needing to adjust it. I used mine both with and without the insert from a few days old. I actually preferred it with no insert with my last baby. Just tuck their feet under their bum with their knees bent up "froggy" style, and they're good to go! Don't do legs out until baby's a little bigger, I think it started working for us at about 5 or 6 months. HTH!