Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #11
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge: 2/18-2/22

Monday 2.18.13: Purge 5 items from bath toys and other bath stuff (towels, wash cloths, shampoos, body washes, etc.). This would be a great time to clean your kids' bath toys, too. 2 empty shaving cream cans, an old razor, an old empty razor cartridge holder thing, and 5 moldy foamy bath toy things.

Tuesday 2.19.13: Purge 5 items from your medicine and first aid supplies. Can't even explain how much! The drawer was overflowing and now looks empty. My garbage can was filled with outdated/expired/no longer used stuff. It looks so nice.

Wednesday 2.20.13: Purge 5 (non-food) items from your kitchen. Let's all focus this week on getting our countertops cleared off so we can keep them that way! Pictures encouraged.

Thursday 2.21.13: Purge 5 items from your purse and/or diaper bag. Restock items that you're low on, such as diapers or wipes or spare outfits. This would also be a great time to go through your bags and purge any that you don't use. Don't forget wallets, reusable bags, lunch sacks, etc.

Friday 2.22.13: Your choice! This might become an every Friday task. Purge 5 items from a problem area. Focus on an area that you've been procrastinating on, that you pretend doesn't exist, that has gotten out of control, or that feels like it is too big for you to tackle because it overwhelms you. We can do it. Went ahead and did my top drawer in the bathroom too. Found 4 old things of sunscreen, some old baby toiletries, and a few other assorted things. Didn't I just do the bathroom 6 months ago? Maybe not....

BONUS TASK #1: Do you have something (or some things) that you've been meaning to sell? Time to do it. List it for sale, or opt to donate it instead so that it isn't taking up space anymore.

BONUS TASK #2: Clean your kitchen windows.

BONUS TASK #3: Drop off your donations or schedule a pick-up time to have them taken away. Let's get those things out of our houses (and cars).

Hoping to get stuff packed up and dropped off tonight.

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #12
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Monday 2.18.13: Purge 5 items from bath toys and other bath stuff (towels, wash cloths, shampoos, body washes, etc.). This would be a great time to clean your kids' bath toys, too.

8 random bathtub toys

Tuesday 2.19.13: Purge 5 items from your medicine and first aid supplies.

Wednesday 2.20.13: Purge 5 (non-food) items from your kitchen. Let's all focus this week on getting our countertops cleared off so we can keep them that way! Pictures encouraged.

a bunch of utensils, a knife block, a bunch of sharp knives and a ton of cups

Thursday 2.21.13: Purge 5 items from your purse and/or diaper bag. Restock items that you're low on, such as diapers or wipes or spare outfits. This would also be a great time to go through your bags and purge any that you don't use. Don't forget wallets, reusable bags, lunch sacks, etc.

pulled out the random papers, the rest is still good

Friday 2.22.13: Your choice! This might become an every Friday task. Purge 5 items from a problem area. Focus on an area that you've been procrastinating on, that you pretend doesn't exist, that has gotten out of control, or that feels like it is too big for you to tackle because it overwhelms you. We can do it.

2 garbage bags of things like bedding etc, one garbage bag of random toys and games from the basement

BONUS TASK #1: Do you have something (or some things) that you've been meaning to sell? Time to do it. List it for sale, or opt to donate it instead so that it isn't taking up space anymore.

BONUS TASK #3: Drop off your donations or schedule a pick-up time to have them taken away. Let's get those things out of our houses (and cars).
Rustic Barnyard - Custom Refinished Furniture
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #13
loganzmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
*DONE* Monday 2.18.13: Purge 5 items from bath toys and other bath stuff (towels, wash cloths, shampoos, body washes, etc.). This would be a great time to clean your kids' bath toys, too.

*DONE* Thursday 2.21.13: Purge 5 items from your purse and/or diaper bag. Restock items that you're low on, such as diapers or wipes or spare outfits. This would also be a great time to go through your bags and purge any that you don't use. Don't forget wallets, reusable bags, lunch sacks, ect.

Friday 2.22.13: Your choice! This might become an every Friday task. Purge 5 items from a problem area. Focus on an area that you've been procrastinating on, that you pretend doesn't exist, that has gotten out of control, or that feels like it is too big for you to tackle because it overwhelms you. We can do it.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #14
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Bathroom done. Had to be I have no tub until tomorrow evening. Ugg hate repairs. At least it is a brand new tub and I rent so I don't pay and I get cheaper rent.

Kitchen done. In going to repaint and redecorate. I have a plan and it doesn't involve all the junk.

Purse done as I got butte on it Sunday and dumped it out right then and there and took it to the cleaners. Not looking forward to that bill. But it is suede and an expensive bag so I want to keep it clean. Using an old junk bag that I hate and will go into the pile when I get my good one back

Also did the medicine. Since I had to rearrange the bath stuff.

My Friday task of whatever I feel like will be the car. Will drop off the donate and clean it out while I have the steam.

I even dusted today
Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #15
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^ Awesome job!

I'm on a roll today. I started in on our utility closet, which I've been wanting to do. I'm going to repaint it this evening. I sorted a bunch of stuff and will continue tonight and also tomorrow.

The kitchen is now a disaster, because everything is all pulled out, but I know that it's very temporary and will be better than ever soon.

I have a bunch of stuff to tally up that is being trashed. I need to finish my purse and diaper bag, but started already. I haven't had much child-free time this week, so it's slow-going.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?

Last edited by wordbox; 02-21-2013 at 03:12 PM.
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #16
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

I TOOK MY STUFF TO TOWN!!

This is so huge for me. I tend to pile it up and then it gets overwhelming.
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #17
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawheid

Yay awesome!
Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #18
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawheid View Post

Yeah!!!!!!

I took mine yesterday. Woohoo!!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:09 AM   #19
SenoraE
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordbox View Post
[B]
Week #8

Monday 2.18.13: Purge 5 items from bath toys and other bath stuff (towels, wash cloths, shampoos, body washes, etc.). This would be a great time to clean your kids' bath toys, too.

Monday - done.
Tuesday - done.
Wednesday -
Thursday - done
Friday - my closet, done.

Wee hoo! 45 items out this morning and the kids haven't even woken up yet!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #20
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great job guys.

I've purged about 75 things so far.

I took photos of the piles I got rid of, but photobucket sucks so I'm struggling to post them. I'll post them when I can get it working. And I can't wait to post before & after photos of my closet once it's done, too. I need to finish painting it tomorrow, and finish with the reorganization, so I can put everything away on Sunday.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?

Last edited by wordbox; 02-22-2013 at 08:10 PM.
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote