Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #21
momma@2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread ~ Feb 18 - Feb 24

I need to really get on this.
My husband does not have a fixed schedule so his pay varies week to week.....is there anyone else who uses the envelope system that is in the same situation?

Advertisement

Last edited by momma@2; 02-19-2013 at 12:35 PM.
momma@2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #22
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn1270 View Post

want to borrow my DHs can of Suck It Up

maybe we can get a group discount on cattle prods
YES!! I totally ganked that one for my arsenal.....love it! Lol.
And yes I am so in on the cattle prods!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #23
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma@2 View Post
I need to really get on this.
My husband does not have a fixed schedule so his pay varies week to week.....is there anyone else who uses the envelope system that is in the same situation?
We sort of did. DH was bartending full time so his pay would vary a lot. I budgeted for the minimum he would average in a month. Then things got paid by priority. Bills, then envelopes. Rent first, electric, etc on down to internet. Envelopes after bills are paid. Gas, Faolan's school fund, date night, down to clothes is the last envelope I believe.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #24
drabekgirl
Registered Users

The coworker cut 2 days of the week! I get one of them the other one I already have. Its ok I don't mind gaining one day of the week its another 6 hours a week for me! Not that its going to be all that much different b/c in march we have school groups coming through so I was going to be upping my hours again anyway.

Still plugging away financially. Trying to pay down and save up at the same time. when we paid the car insurance they had only given us an estimate so I paid that full amount it was $10 less.

Dh is frustrated b/c he isn't allowed to put in more over time even though their is a growing backlog. Its their loss when they start losing orders b/c of the time its taking them to get the product quote out.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #25
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

As usual, I had stuff budgeted down to the dollar, and DH once again messed things up. He has to be the one to call and pay our insurance since its in his name (my credit is very bad due to my refusal to pay a medical bill I should not have been charged for...long story), and I have been on his case for almost two weeks. He FINALLY paid it today, but it was $17 over what the bill said and he paid it without question. I have a feeling it was a penalty for being late. I'd really like to smack him right now. He does this every time, I swear. At least it's only twice a year and not every month.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #26
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lensesforeyes
As usual, I had stuff budgeted down to the dollar, and DH once again messed things up. He has to be the one to call and pay our insurance since its in his name (my credit is very bad due to my refusal to pay a medical bill I should not have been charged for...long story), and I have been on his case for almost two weeks. He FINALLY paid it today, but it was $17 over what the bill said and he paid it without question. I have a feeling it was a penalty for being late. I'd really like to smack him right now. He does this every time, I swear. At least it's only twice a year and not every month.
Can you set it up with bill pay? That way you can pay it (on-line)...that is what we do with bills in dh's name
Old 02-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #27
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensesforeyes View Post
You should look into having it paid as auto pay. We used to pay by the six months because we thought it was cheaper that way. When we talked to them about autopay the cost to do it monthly was the exact same as bi annually and it came right out, so we signed up and have really enjoyed it.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #28
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezee02

Can you set it up with bill pay? That way you can pay it (on-line)...that is what we do with bills in dh's name
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72

You should look into having it paid as auto pay. We used to pay by the six months because we thought it was cheaper that way. When we talked to them about autopay the cost to do it monthly was the exact same as bi annually and it came right out, so we signed up and have really enjoyed it.
We go through an agent and they don't offer auto pay OR a pay online option. Well, I think if we pay monthly, they do auto pay, but not bi-yearly. It's so dumb. It saves us about $20 every six months (so $40 a year) to pay bi-yearly, and I actually like having one less monthly bill.

Before anybody asks, dropping the agent isn't going to happen, as much as it frustrates me. My inlaws have used the agent "forever" in DH's words, and he has since he got his license. They are pretty great at constantly finding us the best coverage, but I know we pay a bit more directly to them. All it saves us is the hassle of checking for the cheapest coverage every six months. My thrifty side revolts against paying them to do something I could do myself, but it's an argument I know I would never win.

This, btw, is why I pay the bills.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #29
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:

Sigh........can yall say some prayers for DH's job?? There is a lot of tension between him and his GM so he is going to start looking. Sigh......and I juuuuust put in notice at my jobs last week! And if he did lose his job before he found another, there are other things he could do to make ends (man days at the base, he's in school too and gets the gi bill) but I feel totally helpless. Im 6 months pregnant....who would hire me? Anyway......guess I will just sink the tax refud in savings til the storm passes.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #30
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi View Post
Sigh........can yall say some prayers for DH's job?? There is a lot of tension between him and his GM so he is going to start looking. Sigh......and I juuuuust put in notice at my jobs last week! And if he did lose his job before he found another, there are other things he could do to make ends (man days at the base, he's in school too and gets the gi bill) but I feel totally helpless. Im 6 months pregnant....who would hire me? Anyway......guess I will just sink the tax refud in savings til the storm passes.
Fingers crossed for your family! My DH dropped the bombshell that he is starting to look for a new job too. There are some medical issues at play, but it makes me kind of sad. I was just feeling comfortable financially after a long few years.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote