Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
liveelou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hospital tour.. Best time?

At what point in your pregnancy is the best time to get a tour of the hospital you're delivering at? I'm almost 18 weeks and I'm getting antsy! I know I should wait at least a few weeks, but should I wait til the 3rd trimester?

Advertisement

liveelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Hospital tour.. Best time?

there's no reason to wait at all if you ask me.

I was the earliest person there when I went, I was in my second trimester and everyone else was in their 3rd. But, I needed to choose between 2 different hospitals and I wanted to decide earlier rather than later.

the only downside is that now I have a lot of questions I want to ask that I didn't have before (although I had plenty at that time too!), so I've been considering going again. I won't... but I am ready to meet with them again so I can ask a few things
Old 02-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

ifyou know where do it and get it over so toy know it. I did mine like weight years ago and delivers 2 more kids there.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Great question! I am trying to figure out when DS should have his sibling class. I am thinking in May or so after the danger time of the cold and flu season. I am due in August, but will deliver in July.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Saraf
Registered Users
seller

Good advice! I went on my third trimester. I had more questions than I would have in my first trimester. Also, who says you cannot visit the hospital twice? I think it is a good idea to visit twoce to ask questions that come to mind when you are getting closer.
Saraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Last time I had to go to the hospital for my glucose tolerance test, I was able to tour the maternity floor while waiting my hour. It worked very nicely.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 AM   #7
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

Guess it depends on the reason for your visit...choosing between more than one hospital, have lots of questions about their policies, need to get a visual? For me, I just wanted to make sure birthing day wasn't my first encounter with the facility. I wanted to have *something* in my head for my birth visualization stuff.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #8
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

I didn't go until 38 weeks I think I was I had to pre-register and really didn't have many questions except for labor tub usage (which I went too fast for anyway). It was a new hospital to me, never had been there or driven by it before so I wanted to go to know where exactly it was.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote