Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
Queensasha17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Having a girl, making a stash...

I am so excited to be having a little one! I am getting a stash together and have a bunch so far (pics later) I want to see if you guys think I have to much and went crazy or if I got a weird mix going.

Baby is due June 25 and have settled on the name Zoey (unsure of the middle name yet) So today I am 22 weeks. Anyone else with the same Due date as me? Lately the pregnancy has been going fine, I wasn't sick in the beginning just was super tired and had headaches. Since about second trimester I have been feeling a bit better, just got over a two week cold. SO glad its over!

Has anyone had their doctor tell them not to eat any lunchmeat? this is killing me! I just want a sandwich!

I would love to meet some june mama's on here, and I love to chat about all sorts of nonsense. So feel free to message me if you're bored

Advertisement

Married to my USAF hubby, the love of my life.

iso: os swaddlebees simplex, 40F/DDD nursing bras
Queensasha17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
Queensasha17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Having a girl, making a stash...

Married to my USAF hubby, the love of my life.

iso: os swaddlebees simplex, 40F/DDD nursing bras

Last edited by Queensasha17; 03-01-2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: have to retake pics
Queensasha17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
wrensmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm bad at estimating stash size and how many is too many... It looks good to me, but it depends on how big your baby is. Do you have enough covers for the fitteds and prefolds? I'm not sure the onesize covers will fit right away, but they might! I used onesize pockets on my son at maybe a week old? but he was 8lb 13oz at birth I think? I imagine if you have the prefolds fastened in some way the cover could be a little big and you wouldn't have to worry too much.

As far as selling off pockets... I would wait to see how much you like them. I'm a pocket person so even though I am getting other things to try I have a feeling I'm just going to be going back to those so I'm hanging on to them

Congrats!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With dd I bought the gDiaper newborn set (it's gender neutral). Not my favorite but they were cheap & the tiny stage goes by so quickly. I found that to be plenty for me. I can not see your stash pics tho so I can not say. Sorry.

About the lunch meat, my dr didn't say anything to me but I DID read an article on it. I generally make a melt out of my sandwiches most of the time. If I am craving a cold sub I will eat it. I'm not a strict on no fish, lunch meat, etc.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
Phaedramekko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a bamboo prefold and cover kind of gal. I also use wool, fleece, and gDiapers. My dd can not wear PUL so we only tried pockets for a bit. I was able to get the grandparent's to use pockets then gDiapers. So it might be a good idea to keep some of those for caregivers or something quick when out of the house. When I put the 2 girls in daycare I will probably get pockets for the baby. What works for one baby might not work for another and variety is always fun.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #6
nancy24
Registered Users

I love wool covers for nighttime, sustainablebabyish are my favorite because it's so soft (though a little pricey). My favorite diapers are cotton Motherease fitteds, though I really want to try the green mountain diaper workhorses to compare, I hear great things about those.
nancy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
DuckDuckSoup
Registered Users

nancy24, you are one of many people who love Motherease fitteds... and I'm ALMOST sold on them but then I'll run into people saying that they're not as absorbent as other options. I'm so undecided and I only have two months left!!
Queensasha17, my doctor said no lunch meats because of the nitrates/nitrites in them. But I can eat lunch meat if I buy the no-nitrate/nitrate organic kind. And, I've also heard that lunch meat should be avoided due to some kind of bacteria that might be on them, but if you cook the lunchmeat before you make the sandwich, it should be fine. So you could buy the organic, no-nitrate meat and cook it, and then make the sandwich you're craving. But of course ask your dr. first!
DuckDuckSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
MayaJune
Registered Users

Due in June with a GIRL - first babe Hoping to CD from the start...any advice for a newbie?
MayaJune is offline   Reply With Quote