Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #11
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Natural bubble bath - using dish soap

There are two or three variations of biokleen dish soap. The one that moisturizes hands is the only one recommended as a bubble bath. I think it's ingredients are also more natural. You can see the ingredients on the ingredient tab on the vitacost page I linked you to.

Seventh Generation may indeed be comparable to your natural bubble bath. If his skin likes it, go for it. But it is more grease cutting (and therefore probably drying) than the other ones I mentioned.

Advertisement

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #12
unfadingcolors
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
There are two or three variations of biokleen dish soap. The one that moisturizes hands is the only one recommended as a bubble bath. I think it's ingredients are also more natural. You can see the ingredients on the ingredient tab on the vitacost page I linked you to.

Seventh Generation may indeed be comparable to your natural bubble bath. If his skin likes it, go for it. But it is more grease cutting (and therefore probably drying) than the other ones I mentioned.
Thanks so much, looking into this now.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #13
wyatt09
B/T with caution

My Mood:

ive done it...not sure how safe it is...
Started off with 1 and we call her "sum",next was baby number two...I was buying "blue",baby number three I was "seeing more pink" and by this Christmas 2013.. a NEW gift for me! We are a Breast-feeding,baby wearing,cloth diapering,mama clothing,circ'ing,vaxing kinda family!
wyatt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:49 AM   #14
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Girls are much more prone to yeast infections, so you're already a bit better off there (I had the yeast infection problem as a kid from bubble baths too).

Partly because of the above and partly because of the expense of the natural stuff my girls get bubble baths rarely... For rarely I'd say it's fine... if he's taking bubble baths all the time it might dry him out, but maybe just add some coconut oil to the bath too or something??
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #15
terrordactyl
Registered Users
seller

you always add some olive oil to the bath to combat the drying of the dish soap
terrordactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #16
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Personally I'd just skip the bubble bath if you don't want to spend the money on it. I don't think dish soap is a great alternative for both skin health and the fact that is increases the risk of UTIs/yeast infections. I rarely use bubble bath form my kids, they don't really complain either way.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #17
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

I thought I'd chime in here once more. This is also a more affordable bath alternative. http://www.vitacost.com/eo-essential...lemon-32-fl-oz Although not as cheap as dish soap, I like it mostly b/c I can do shampoo and wash with it too. But your kids may be little enough to not have much hair or to not need to wash it every time. And I might get the biokleen dish soap again in the future explicitly for bathing. I never tried their dish soap as shampoo, but I suspect it could be used.

Disclaimers: I most often shower, bathing on average once a week. I rarely use enough bubble bath in my baths to make it all that bubbly--usually like 1/4-1/5 of the recommended amount. I just like to make the water "silky," but then I use more on scrubby gloves to wash myself. Unlike many people, I always thoroughly rinse off from a bubble bath by dumping cups of warm water all over myself, especially down there . I'm just uber sensitive and have learned the hard way. So in my head, I always assume peops are going to do a thorough rinse with these products even though I know they often will not. So I can't speak to the results for those who are not rinsing off with fresh tap water. We never had a bubble bath as kids, but we did have baths, and I got awfully itchy and uncomfortable from Ivory and the like just b/c we rinsed w/ bath water instead of fresh tap water. My mom just never had any of those sensitivities herself and so never understood that I needed a fresh water rinse.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 02-20-2013 at 07:48 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #18
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Funny as I've done bubble baths for the kids every now and then but not often. As pp said it's really itchy for some kids. Two of my kids have ezcema...not bad now, it was as babies though....but any of the regular store stuff would make ALL the kids itch, like the spiderman ones they got from MIL at xmas. I would dump half the bottle in one go just so the kids knew it was gone and couldn't use it.

I just put some cali baby under the water when it's running and that gives bubbles. I don't use that much either? Maybe people use way more soap then I do as mine seem to last for a long time........

Dr bronners lavendar is really nice too.....I don't think it bubbles(haven't used lavendar in awhile and I won't do peppermint for the kids), but nice and doesn't dry....
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #19
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

My grandmother always used Ivory dish soap for us.

Biokleen bugs my kiddos skin, as does dawn. Just as cheap is the generic version of Johnson and Johnson baby body wash, the yellow one. It's not natural but is gentler than many things that are.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #20
MariaLA
Registered Users
seller

We use Suave shampoo for bubble bath. $1.99 per family size bottle and not too drying. Lots of scent choices.