Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
azureskies
Registered Users

Good potty for a smaller baby?

Hi,

I've been trying some EC, but so far have only been successful with pee. I think part of that is because she doesn't feel comfortable on the potty.

We have a small potty, but it is the step stool one that is biodegradable from Safety First. It is quite big and I remember it was a bit of a stretch to sit on for my older daughter at 18 months.

My younger daughter definitely has trouble with it at only 10 months. Her feet dangle. And it looks uncomfortable for her thighs/knees. She doesn't like to sit there long.

A friend has something a bit more comfortable, but I'm not sure it is available on the market anymore.

Anyone have a good potty recommendation? I don't want a lot of bells and whistles. I just want a basic potty that I won't mind putting in my living room so we can work on the pooping.

Thanks!

Advertisement

azureskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Three that worked great for us:

Baby Bjorn Little Potty - best overall across ages from birth to PL and beyond. Short enough for tiny ones, but still usable by my tall 2.5yo

My Carry Potty - best portable potty before they can use a seat insert. We still keep this in the car for emergencies, and it's nice and short for tiny learners.

Pottette Plus - best portable insert (also works as a standalone potty). Most of the portable inserts are flimsy pieces of junk that will dump your kid into the bowl. This one is sturdy and easy to use.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
adrianev83
Registered Users
seller

The one ikea sells is pretty small.
adrianev83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
MtnHarmony
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Good potty for a smaller baby?

I would second the Baby Bjorn Little Potty. It use to be $10. I know some $ stores have sold similar knock off pottys. I haven't seen them but other EC'ers have reported other's do exist.

We used this from birth on up. In fact, I still take it camping for going potty at night in the tent, without having to go outside and freeze. It may not hold a full adult bladder but it can come close as I have used it many times, so any age "can" use it.

We never used a travel potty so I can't comment on those. We had a very old potty seat that worked but I didn't feel comfy using it until my child was older.
MtnHarmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yep ikea $4
Old 02-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Baby Bjorn little potty! They don't sell them anymore, but check around at used stores. We have two, and I'll never sell them, lol. We use one at home and keep the other in the car for potty/throw up emergencies.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

When I did EC with #4, I used Baby Bjorn little potties. I still have them, 10 years later.
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
JensDesigns
Registered Users

very helpful! I'm so excited for my little one...due in 2 months!
JensDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #9
angilles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a 10month old who is tall (but more of a long torso than long legs) and she can barely sit on the ikea potty. I think the Bjorn little potties are lower than the ikea potty. But I like the ikea price!
angilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
agriculturista
Registered Users
seller
seller

Does anyone know if the baby bjorn smart potty is the same size as the little potty?
agriculturista is offline   Reply With Quote