Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
mbh160
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Diaper bag dilemma...thoughts?

Hi everyone!
So when DS was born (he's 2 now) I bought a moderately-sized Columbia diaper bag. I love the thing. It's not girly (which means DH will carry it), it doesn't look like a purse, and it's durable.

Now baby #2 is on the way, and I need a different bag to accomodate all the stuff. Here's my issue...everything I have looked at is either not big enough, or is MONSTER. If it IS the right size, it's too girly/purse-like.

I like the Skip Hop Duo but it's a shade too small. The bigger Skip Hop bag is WAY too big...

Oh, and the other caveat here? I'm looking to spend 50-70 bucks. I'm just not interested in shelling out $180 for a diaper bag.
So in short...does anyone have two LO's and a great bag that they love?

Thanks in advance!! :-)

Advertisement

Cautiously expecting #3, 11/2015
mbh160 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper bag dilemma...thoughts?

I'm on my 3rd child and I don't use a diaper bag. I keep a bag that is made for crafting, so has all these pockets on the inside, in the van with a change of clothes for ds2 (and for new baby when he/she is here) and a few cloth diapers, etc. But I just normally use my purse when shopping or out for a few hours with them. I just put a wetbag and a CD or two in my purse (which isn't very big actually).
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
mama_to_DJM
Registered Users

When I had 2 in diapers I see a Land's End diaper bag, I think it's called the Do It All. It was red and cost maybe 40-50? I loved it and it was very practical for 2 kids.

My cooking blog- http://michellesnewrecipes.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mama_to_DJM; 02-18-2013 at 06:48 PM.
mama_to_DJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
kellismommi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 2 favorites - 1 is a Keen Messenger bag and the other is a Kelty diaper bag. Both have stood up to the trials of a diaper bag and still look new. Heres the link to the Kelty:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...02YXUX2Q?dpm=1
I cant find a link for the Keen but im sure you can goggle it. They look similar.
kellismommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:28 AM   #5
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have had three kids and never used a diaper bag. I throw a diaper and wetbag in my purse if we are out for a bit. I always keep a change of clothes for everyone in the car, never know when we might want to stop and play in the sprinklers
Old 02-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #6
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:

Have you looked at Thirty-One bags? I spent last week helping my mom's coworker look through EVERY possible diaper bag solution from our Spring line, so I'm pretty much a pro at this point on designating diaper bags LOL. She has two boys that are similar in age and personality to my two boys, so I knew what all she needed in a bag. They would be in your price range, and have a variety of sizes and options (from purses to totes to duffles and so on). Plus, super cute

That said, is there anything specific you want? Lots of pockets? Outside pockets vs. inside? Zipper, tie, or lobster closures? Does the look of the bag matter to you? Or do you just want a bag that fits everything and isn't the size of a Buick? LOL

The one I used up until now (I'm getting a new one also), has made it through two years of mega abuse, and was $10 on amazon. It's a bit too small now with two that require more stuff than normal with medical issues, but I was REALLY happy with it lasting this long and only just recently developing a slight tear. I could see if Amazon still sells that one and link you if you'd like? What are the dimensions of your current one that's too small?

If you'd like more Thirty-One info, PM me! I'm not sure where you're located, but I'm positive I could find a consultant local to you if you're not near me (local = save $4 on shipping ) that would be able to help!

Last edited by Hillargh; 02-19-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a Skip Hop Duo and when I had two in cloth diapers it was a bit cramped. Now that I'm down to just a toddler in diapers I just carry a large Miche purse and keep a diaper and wetbag in there. My Skip Hop stays in the van with extra diapers, wipes and clothes.
For you though I was also going to suggest Thirty-One. I don't own any myself, but my good friend has a couple and loves them. Like Hillargh said there are tons of options.
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinkaK View Post
I have had three kids and never used a diaper bag. I throw a diaper and wetbag in my purse if we are out for a bit. I always keep a change of clothes for everyone in the car, never know when we might want to stop and play in the sprinklers
This is what I do too.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #9
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i use a 31 organizing utility tote and LOVE it
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #10
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Join Zulily and search for diaper bag, you can get a lot of the expensive ones for 50-70% off. I've been watching it for weeks, looking for the perfect diaper bag that will double as a purse. Now that we have DS2, I am tired of switching out purse to diaper bag... I just want one bag! We've got a Columbia back pack diaper bag, that I love for day/weekend trips. My purses are large (hobo or satchel style) and will double as diaper bags for short trips, but there aren't enough pockets to separate stuff, which bugs me. I tend to constantly switch between my purse and a freebie diaper bag my Ped gave me, that looks like a "Better Back Bag" http://www.thebetterbackshop.co.uk/i...lack_Small.jpg
I've used that freebie one more than anything, but unfortunately it's too casual for the office, otherwise, it would be my fulltime bag. I am in your same conundrum, somewhat, and Zulily seems to have the best prices for quality bags.
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote