Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #1
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
My Mood:
Anyone else? Pregnancy induced

Since I got pregnant 6 months ago I have been seriously cleaning and organizing like crazy! I was all YAY NESTING!! Then I started to notice that something being left out was giving me the heebie jeebies. Like for instance, it was bugging me to leave my sunglasses on the console in my truck because....just because. lol DH and I cleaned out his garage a few days ago and there are still a lot of leaves and stuff in there (he insists on keeping it carpeted so it just collects and looks nasty!). I want to borrow a leaf blower from the neighbor and clean it out!!

I noticed things like that....where I get anxious if things are not orderly. Just about my entire house has had the once over. Im beginning to start pulling stuff from the goal (as soon as I can afford new storage containers) is to get rid of the crates of kids clothes in the attic and convert it to under the bed storage. This is probably my last baby (3rd girl) and I saved a lot. So I will mainly be storing the stuff the oldest wears to save for the middle and the youngest, then get rid of it once baby outgrows it.

I dont always have the energy for this but when I do, I run with it. On those days, I wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning, eat a bit, then get busy. Of course, this means I am tired at lunchtime.

I need to stop....but I dont wanna! lol

Hi I'm Candice: mama to E, A,and B. Wifey to K. On the road to being debt free with Dave Ramsey!
bluecandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Hahaha yes I had this bad when preggo with ds2. I actually would experience major anxiety over anything being out of place, opening a closet and being overwhelmed with stuff etc...
I started bringing a few big garbage bags of stuff each week to the goodwill. In the end my house feels better and like I can breath now, but it hasn't gone away. I am way way more OCD than I was before ds2. I hope it settles a bit but at least my house is organized lol
Kris~SAHM, wife to K and lucky mama to 2 boys! DS1 6.2010, DS2 4.2012
Living the simple life and loving it!
Talia01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Anyone else? Pregnancy induced

I do find myself being more OCD in general the more kids I have. It seems counterintuitive. One would think I'd become better adjusted to chaos and roll with it, but it is certainly the opposite. I think that the only way I can maintain order is to keep things minimal and stay on top of things at the moment.

When I was pregnant with DS 3 I remember feeling very intensely the way you describe. It was almost like I NEEDED to have everything orderly and perfect before the baby came because I was fearful that I wouldn't have the time or energy to do it after he came. I remember vividly being completely overwhelmed by laundry after his birth. I had taken steps to organize prior to his arrival, but not minimize so I was dealing with crazy volumes of laundry. That was the being of my journey to minimalism (as opposed to just organization and orderliness) and it has been so freeing. When DD arrived, I didn't have any of that overwhelming stress or anxiety. Best of Luck!
Mama to Elliott 1/08, David 12/09, Oliver 11/10, and Ali Annabelle 8/11
babykp08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
Registered Users

I'm due in May. While I've always been very organized and clean and declutter regardless of pregnancy, I finally had to admit to myself that nesting may be encouraging me. And yes, little things do bother me. DH is absolutely baffled why the little things mean a lot to me. Cabinets being left open, stuff left on the counter, anything like that drives me bonkers! I don't think I would be able to walk through the kitchen and leave a cabinet door open. It irritates DH because "he was still using it."
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #5
Registered Users

Yup! Right there with you!
~Rebecca~ OCD about my CDing
~Natural Childbirth Educator & Doula~
~Mother to DS1 (7) DS2 (6) & DD (4) & DS3 (2) & due with baby #5 January 2016!
Bexo is offline   Reply With Quote