Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #11
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh no are you admitted to the bossy Cheryl? Ugh. Make Raj bring you some clean comfy clothes. Poor baby

Advertisement

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #12
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday

cheryl..

Walker now has a double ear infection and a blood clot in his ear he hasn't stopped crying
Old 02-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #13
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR2119 View Post
How are you feeling today Janine?

We have a lot of snow here too Jen.

We are doing a unit study on Ancient Egypt so we will be making mummies and sarcophagus'. The kids (and I) are super excited!
Today was rough too. The meds all piled up on me this morning and I was too tired to even make the kids lunches. I went back to bed after they were dressed and gone.

Then I got up and went to work. I went around the shop and tidied up the freezers. Took the palette of left over stuff around and filled up what I could. Totally not required work but I was there and had time so I did it.

Then came the training. Ok here's were the stress from yesterday comes into play.

My boss took the mickey out of me for how I speak German. He mimicked me in a stupid voice. I told him before not to do that and he'd said he wouldn't. I told him last time (and it wasn't the first time) not to do that, I really dont like it...he said he wouldn't. There's more to it but to save time I'll leave it as that here for now.

Anyway, that what he did yesterday....he'd finished work before me. So he wasn't there when I went to the break-room to get my stuff so I could go home. I was annoyed and I slammed a few doors. Then a co-worker (one that works very closely with the boss...A male co-worker) asked me what's up. I couldn't hold back the tears and I told him what happened. I was wearing my sunglasses by now so I didn't feel as bad but it was pretty horrible. I told him how much it hurt me when that happened. That if I was Russian he wouldn't do that or if I stuttered he wouldn't dare do that but just because it's an English accent he things it's funny...well it's not!

So today when I went into the break room (which is where we had training) the boss called int he one co-worker that was with him when he took the mickey out of me in a cross voice. Then when they came back in he said loudly that he was in a bad mood and that if anyone messed about today they'd be sent home and they would have to repeat the training on a Saturday night after shop closing.

I dont know what's happening next about this if anything at all but the co-worker I spoke to said he'd talk to him and said he'd make sure it didn't happen anymore.

So at the end of training they brought out a photo-collage they'd made for a co-worker that's gone to work in a different shop. Very nice but the photo they put on there of me was horrible! I mean really horrible and I got very upset. I know when the photo was taken (that night I went out for the post Christmas work dinner) and seriously cameras were going off all night. There had to have been a better photo...no, they had to put that on there

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
gah. ian had a horrific night. took him to urgent care, they said go to er fo not pass go, do not collect $200. So he has puked all night at home, the urgent care, the er, his hossy room, me, etc. and screams bloody murder between pukes. They want to scan his belly, but to do that requires drinking and keeping down some contrast fluid down, which he cant. ugh.
I'm sorry Cheryl...I hope it's something they can fix quickly.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #14
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm guessing that all reads as silly and I'm getting worked up over nothing but I dont see it that way.

I love my job and I dont want to loose it but I dont think I should have to put up with being ridiculed over the way I speak.

My spoken German really isn't bad at all. It's not like anyone ever has to ask me to repeat myself. I hear people speaking in the shop all the time and there are some really bad speakers out there. Not just foreigners...but people from different areas in Germany too. People from the east for example speak really oddly. I struggle to understand them but I do my best and would never dare to make a joke of them.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #15
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Any news Cheryl? How's Ian doing now?
Old 02-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #16
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Janine I would be hurt too.

Cheryl that sounds terrible! I hope whatever it is is sorted quickly and Ian feels better!
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #17
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Kari what are they doing for Walker?

Janine here that would be considered harassment and the other guys job would be in jeopardy
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #18
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My OT canceled one appointment on me last week...and now again this week. Oh well. It's not like there's much I can do. When she reads what I'm allowed to do and not she'll be hard pushed to find anything for me to do as it is.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #19
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmommy1 View Post
cheryl..

Walker now has a double ear infection and a blood clot in his ear he hasn't stopped crying
Oh no

When Fynn got his ears done he got a serious dose of Tonsillitis. He was really very unwell. It took two full prescriptions of ABX to get him better.

What's being done to help him? Will they want to operate to remove the blood clot?
Old 02-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #20
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Kari what are they doing for Walker?

Janine here that would be considered harassment and the other guys job would be in jeopardy
I dont want that to happen. He's the manger of the shop and honestly he's usually a nice guy. I like him...but sometimes he's a prat. He's only 27 and can be quite childish at times.

But he's a family-man with a wife and 2 kids. I dont want him to get in trouble over it. I just dont want to be belittled for something I cant control.