Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #21
aldermother
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone have a stash with no prefolds or flats?

I am a pocket die-hard...however, I needed to make a change with inserts (stink and absorbency issues) so I tried out some bamboo flats. They have been working brilliantly for inserts, so I now do have 12 flats for that reason only...padfolded as pocket inserts.

Advertisement

We're a CDing (potty-learned), co-sleeping (bunk beds), extended BFing (weaned), baby-wearing (big boy-wearing), non-circing, Waldorf loving, tree-hugging, hand-me-downs-welcome Earth friendly family!
PT preschool teacher& FT Mama to my beautiful tree & our little growing sapling
aldermother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #22
77Lipen
Registered Users

I have only pockets and a couple fitteds (that I think I'm getting rid of) and 1aio (that I never use either).

No flats or prefolds and we're good.

But I didn't cd until she was a few months old because I had all OS pockets and didnt realize they likely wouldn't fit a newborn.
77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #23
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Let them go!

Spunkify is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #24
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

FWIW.... keep the flats as backup, you aren't going to really get your money's worth selling & shipping them, they are so cheap anyways. With DS1 our final stash was 3 dozen Bamboozle fitteds, 3 dozen LL flats, & 3 dozen Gerber Birdseye flats. We aren't CDing DS2... but we are still using the flats as receiving blankets, pee-pee tee pees, burp clothes, dish towels, changing pads.. You name it. When we were CDing the flats came in handy if I ever got behind on washing, as travel CDs (flats will pack up as compact as sposies), as an "in between" diaper when DS1 was outgrowing one size to another. They are just extremely versatile pieces of cloth.
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #25
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

I agree to keep them...stash them in a back closet somewhere but they could be useful. Use them if LO has a rash that needs a staining cream. Use them as a backup/emergency stash if you are ever without power or in the event of a disaster. Maybe I'm a hoarder, but I'd hang on just because they are so very useful and not worth it to ship. I'd maybe even dye a few in pretty colors and use for hair drying towels, or cut them up and make cloth napkins, lol. Although maybe that's a little weird considering where they've been!
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #26
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Sold all my prefolds except flip organics & thirsties (my night time solution). No regrets. I have flats but debating on those too.
I have been using grovia with the snap in insert. So easy!!! Love!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #27
togetherinthelandofoz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetest View Post
I'm thinking of getting rid of the flats that I never use... I got rid of all my prefolds a while back and have no regrets. I also have pins/snappis/boingo that I could destash if I didn't have the flats...

My current stash is:

15 BG 4.0 (three of these are for night diapers)
11 Large Sandy's - just on the verge of fitting, but really bulky
4 Small Sandy's OTW... I'm going to order more if they fit well
25 Capri inserts for the pockets (probably selling some of these...)
11 Babykicks medium hemp doublers
6 Thirsties fab doublers

I love how simple this stash is (I do need some covers and would like to even the Sandys up to a dozen each if I like the smalls). I use sposies for vacations and when I run behind on laundry (which doesn't happen often).

The think is I like the idea of the flats but not the actually flats themselves When I started out I thought I was going to use all flats and prefolds and I had no pockets in my stash (because I didn't think I would like them,ha)

So if you have no flats in your stash tell me it's ok to let mine go

I'd suggest using them for dish towels. I do have them in my stash and I like them but I had some extras and started using them as dishtowels and they are my favorite. I also like having them in the car for any unexpected messes. I think you can find some great uses for them that may be more beneficial then selling them. But trading can always be a good option too.

OliviaZachariahIsabella Psalm 139:13-14

Last edited by togetherinthelandofoz; 02-20-2013 at 06:02 AM.
togetherinthelandofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #28
sweetest
Registered Users
seller
seller

I do love my small flats as dishtowels, but the large GMDs are too big I think.

I love the idea of leaving some in my car I never thought of that?!?

I think I'll also throw a couple in the bottom of my diaper bag for impromptu changing pads/clean up cloths/blankets... I always seem to be missing one of those things... my diaper bag is not organized at all!

Thanks for all the encouragement/suggestions. I was considering trying to trade for some fitteds but now I think I'll keep them around for things other than diapers.
sweetest is offline   Reply With Quote