Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
Belbaby3728
Banned

Is it possible to tell early MC from period?

I had my first ppaf in October when dd was 10 months, 2nd 5 weeks later and 3rd 7 weeks after 2nd. I am now bleeding- started lightly yesterday and has increased to heavily today- I am going through tampons in 2 hours when normally I don't fill one in 4 hours. Cramps are similar to period cramps I get. So if this is my period, it's barely 4 weeks since last one. If it's a mc baby is only 3-4 weeks along from dates I can recall. We are NTNP, I am not on BC- haven't been since got preg first time 2 yrs ago. We don't use condoms and I am not tracking ovalation and we aren't having sex that much but enough that it's possible. I have no history of MC but we did paint our bathroom Saturday and it's a small room so wasn't ton of air circulation which is what's making me wonder, plus I never bleed like this with my periods. Hopefully this makes sense.

Advertisement

Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't think there is. My periods were all over the place after having DS, though. They were a bit irregular and some were super heavy while others were light. We were using conforms then so I don't think I was pg either. I think it just takes a bit to regulate again.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
ambieone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it possible to tell early MC from period?

For me there was a difference. I was 5w5d and I bled WAY more than a normal period. You could take a test to confirm.
ambieone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
Belbaby3728
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambieone View Post
For me there was a difference. I was 5w5d and I bled WAY more than a normal period. You could take a test to confirm.
Thanks, yea that is what is odd for me, I have never had such heavy bleeding in over 15 years of periods, nor have they ever come within less than 4 weeks of each other. But periods may be abnormal still too. Guess would have to test to see.
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard from some other moms who said that they got some irregular heavy periods after baby. You could certainly test, although if it is a m/c, and you weren't really "due" for your period yet, and the levels are dropping because of the m/c, you might not get a positive anyways.
For your own peace of mind, I think I'd assume it's a period. If the bleeding gets really heavy, make sure you talk to your doctor!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

For me, there was a very big difference.

For one, I don't get cramps. And I was in serious pain cramping. I told DH that something was just not right. And the blood.. lots and lots more blood. I remember I was at church, actually, when I figured it out. I was using a menstrual cup that month and I was leaking like crazy, emptying it constantly, and really freaking out.

I was sitting there just leaking blood and it occured to me what was going on. Dr. Google confirmed it.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Last April was my 4th cycle pp after Joey and I took a pregnancy test the morning before it started, a FRER, stark negative. TMI--That period was CRAZY heavy and no kidding around had huge clots that I felt like I was giving birth to. I actually had to push one of them out. Its never happened before and it never happened again, my period after my chemical pregnancy in August wasn't like that. I'm confident that I wasn't pregnant in April both because of the test and because we were using protection. So anyway my point is sometimes pp periods are weird.