Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
PinkBabyCakes
Registered Users

My Mood:
Cloth diapering a preemie

Hi all I became super excited about cloth diapering and started a stash of pocket diapers for my daughter, but she came 5 weeks early, luckily I had acquired 6 tiny g pants, which are the only diapers she can fit in. She is no where near fitting into the OS adjustable pocket diapers. She is 5 pounds, lean and long, what cloth diapers would fit her? I welcome your advice and experiences, it's getting old having to run to the washing machine more than once a day since she goes through her tiny Gs like nothing

Advertisement

PinkBabyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Cloth diapering a preemie

My DD was also born at 35 weeks at 5lbs 9oz. We used preemie prefolds and Thirsties Duo folded down until the small flats snd newborn prefolds fit. A normal sized newborn would probably not fit the OS diapers anyway. This time my youngest cam home at only a pound more than her and GMD workhorse folded down under Loveybums wool worked so well. Bummis SB fits super small too.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
toutoute
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would try nana botttoms aios, easy cheap and affordable. She always have coupons too.

My son came home at 5lbs and did not fit into OS diapers till about 13-14lbs. I did invest in xs bg aios which I love and fit him for about 8 weeks.
toutoute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I cannot imagine how tiny she must be Our newbie was 9lb 13oz at birth and is wearing premie prefolds from GMD with a snappi.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mine came home at 5lbs, 5lbs, 4lbs and 6lbs. we used preemie nanas bottoms aios from birth with all as well as mothergoose designs fitteds(preemie). little lambs aios(discontinued a looong time ago) in nb size also fit if you can find them. we also did wool and fleece covers i made
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just had a 36 weeker but she was big... 7lbs. You could try washcloths trifolded in a bummis super brite NB. Those covers are dinky!!!! I bought white washcloths from Walmart and they work decently
Old 02-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #7
mommy2fourmunchkins
Registered Users
seller

I just brought my 32 weeker home weighing 5 lbs 13 oz. he fits nicely in lil joeys and mutts but my absolute favorite fit is xs diaper baby fitteds with a bummis super brite over it.
*~*Amanda- US Navy wife to David, mommy to Kaiden (2/1/05), Kyndal (7/18/07), Identical Twins Rowan and Ryder (8/20/09), surrogate mother to Maddie (3/8/2011) and our newest rainbow, Everett (1/23/13)
mommy2fourmunchkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
rebekka117
Registered Users
seller

if you can find a coop for THX newborn diapers they are dinky! tinier then bg xs's. you can find pictures online.
rebekka117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #9
PinkBabyCakes
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you so much! I love this site
PinkBabyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #10
wisa03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter came home at 4lbs and the only ones that fit her were Softbums (with a small insert/booster - I didn't use the Softbums inserts until MUCH later). They still fit her now at 16 lbs, which just blows my mind that she was ever so tiny. Sadly, I had only bought one because I thought I was being all smart by not getting newborn diapers... I had a Fuzzbunz XS (intended for photos), but it didn't fit her until she was around 6-7lbs because she was so skinny. I didn't try any of the others PPs suggested but just in case you wanted something that would last beyond the newborn stage I figured I'd throw it out there
wisa03 is offline   Reply With Quote