Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #11
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

Re: Having a mini-stroke, please advise me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
I thought you lost BAH if you lived in the barracks?

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
No, because he still has US. He'll be considered a geo-bachelor, and as long as there is an opening in the barracks (which there pretty much always is) he can stay there.

Advertisement

WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #12
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

We can't park an TV at my grandparents, there isn't any room there unfortunately. And I don't know anyone there I can rent a house with (all friends are military and have since moved away )
Old 02-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #13
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattsMommy09 View Post

No, because he still has US. He'll be considered a geo-bachelor, and as long as there is an opening in the barracks (which there pretty much always is) he can stay there.
Wow! My husband lied to me. He said he couldn't live in the barracks at Benning while being a drill sgt and have the kids & I stay in Fayetteville(where we owned a home) because we couldn't afford 2 places to live. He signed a DEC statement refusing to go to school & ended his career 4 months shy of 15 years! I am so pissed right now! We lost EVERYTHING because of this. I am so stupid because I believed it.

P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #14
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19

Wow! My husband lied to me. He said he couldn't live in the barracks at Benning while being a drill sgt and have the kids & I stay in Fayetteville(where we owned a home) because we couldn't afford 2 places to live. He signed a DEC statement refusing to go to school & ended his career 4 months shy of 15 years! I am so pissed right now! We lost EVERYTHING because of this. I am so stupid because I believed it.

What would he have gotten at 15 years anyhow?
That sucks. Going geo is actually pretty common :/ we are considering it for my DH if he gets a certain set of orders. I would stay in our home.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #15
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #16
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post

What would he have gotten at 15 years anyhow?
That sucks. Going geo is actually pretty common :/ we are considering it for my DH if he gets a certain set of orders. I would stay in our home.
I don't know if that was an option. He signed the statement in 2010 (after we discussed his staying in & I thought he agreed to continue on with that being his career. He got out January of 2012 when he finished his contract.

Based on our conversation a few minutes ago, I think he is BSing me. I hate lying. And I hate that I can't trust what he says. I have come to realize I roll my eyes (or do it internally) when he starts about Army stuff because I never know what is true.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #17
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post

Thanks! I am just sick about this. He never told me much about his job. I wasn't allowed to his actual work the last 5 years & whenever I asked, I got "that's classified" so I stopped asking. He never wanted me to do FRG or Family Readiness stuff either so I was pretty clueless even after all those years.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #18
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

I don't know if that was an option. He signed the statement in 2010 (after we discussed his staying in & I thought he agreed to continue on with that being his career. He got out January of 2012 when he finished his contract.

Based on our conversation a few minutes ago, I think he is BSing me. I hate lying. And I hate that I can't trust what he says. I have come to realize I roll my eyes (or do it internally) when he starts about Army stuff because I never know what is true.

maybe its not a done deal for everyone. Kwim? I just asked my DH and he said he's not sure it's open for everyone and for it to be for an undetermined amount of time?? He's navy too, sorry mama.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #19
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post

maybe its not a done deal for everyone. Kwim? I just asked my DH and he said he's not sure it's open for everyone and for it to be for an undetermined amount of time?? He's navy too, sorry mama.
That's ok. I shouldn't even care as he has been out a year. I'm just sad because I really miss being an Army wife & I know he isn't always truthful in what he tells me. I have caught him a whole bunch of times & who knows how many times I haven't?

Old 02-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #20
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post

maybe their barracks were full? I know that they give precedence to single guys..... Maybe it was different there?

Idk?