Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #11
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Can someone please explain the Swagbucks Challenge?

Thanks, stevensmom. That was one of the first things they suggested to me too, but it still doesn't work.

Advertisement

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #12
Christabelle22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
Fwiw, I do not make much off of swagbucks. I don't have an ipad or iphone. The survey section of my swagbucks page is broken, and despite contacting them several times, they haven't been able to fix it. And I've never been eligible for the surveys that come through my inbox. I've also wasted a lot of time trying to do a couple of their "tasks" only to realize toward the end of the task that some quirk of my computer or my search engine made it impossible to complete the final steps. Most of the "watching" ways to make points are simply not worth my time unless it is a very short ad that I can play while I am multitasking. There are also ways to get a lot more swag if you are on twitter, but I am not on twitter.

BUT what I DO is try to do most of my internet searches there (occasionally I do just use google b/c it is a superior search engine, but the swagbuck search engine is pretty sufficient). I also recently made the "daily poll" my homepage (just 1 pt at the beginning of each day, but it's fast, and it is often followed by a 2 pt video) and generally try to go to the NOSO (can be found under the "earning" tab) to quickly view the offers and type in my captcha for another 2 pts. I usually make 7-30 points via my daily searches (They somewhat randomly award you with points for using their search engine Chances are, by the time you've done 4 or 5 searches they will award you with a 7-10 dollar swagbuck; however, some days they will give and give and give more rewards, and some days it is just a one reward day so that searching more doesn't really pay off). With just these three things I get a $5 Amazon gift card (450 swagbuck dollars= $5gc) about every 4 weeks. But I do typically make several internet searches each day.

So for me it's just a small way to make a dent in the budget. There are a lot of things I get on amazon.
I haven't jumped in the challenge thread bc I don't fully understand how to get very far with swagbucks...I don't really understand the lingo either!! So i'm taking it slow. I do the NOSO and the Daily Poll which i've read about on the challenge thread and now that surveys work i'm going to try those.

It took me months to get them to fix it for me...I finally sent in screen shots and they fixed it today! Didn't try the cookies thing first though, wish I had months ago.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #13
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

I average about $100 agc a month by surveys, tvs, free sign trials, and searches. It so helps with christmas and gifts and sometimes food.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #14
Christabelle22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ooops quoted the wrong post...can you tell i'm new?
Old 02-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #15
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christabelle22 View Post
It took me months to get them to fix it for me...I finally sent in screen shots and they fixed it today! Didn't try the cookies thing first though, wish I had months ago.
You're determined!

Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
Old 02-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #16
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would download the toolbar. I watch SBTV videos while doing other things online. (Normally the splash or zoo channel as those videos are the shortest. I'm watching them right now as I type. I mute my laptop.)
I don't do anything that requires a credit card. I don't do free trials that I have to cancel later. I log in daily and do the poll and the NOSO (I just skip all the offers for a quick 2 sbs). I do surveys, search, videos, and will go to special offers sections and do free things like facebook games, videos, etc. I have done a shop & earn ... I bought household products from Walmart (like dishsoap, bottled watter, toilet paper, razors refills for DH, laundry soap etc... it was free shipping!) If you plan to buy something anyway ... I would buy it online if the price is the same.
I earned $25 in Amazon and $50 in paypal so far this month.

I try make the daily goal each day.

DH has an ipod. He will do the SBTV app on it. He logs in and spends maybe 5 minutes a day. Log in, poll, noso, a search if he has to actually look something up, and will watch a quick video if they are 1 or 2 sbs and easy to find on the homepage. He gets at least $25 (the $5 amazong gift cards) a month. Often he gets more as I tell him to do high point offers. (like the 400 sb offer for Credit Sesame when it popped up on homepage. )

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:23 AM   #17
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do a lot of the free trials for the bigger points. Like today I did a free month trial for coupons.com savings club for 171 swagbucks. I can't cancel before 20 days but I put a reminder on my phone calendar so I won't forget to cancel.
I do surveys and the daily offers as well as SBTV on my phone. I disqualified for surveys a lot when I first started but now I get them frequently. It's time consuming sometimes to get the big points but I consider it worth it. It's my veg and relax time anyways. I've cashed out for $160 in amazon gift cards since Jan. 1 and I have enough bucks in my account for another $35 so far. I do shop and earn too at walmart. When I print my photos I always go through swagbucks so I can earn points for shopping I'd be doing anyways. I've got almost 500 points pending through shop and earn (takes a month to post after your purchase though so those won't post until mid March)
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #18
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
I would download the toolbar.
Ah, I presently have a "bar" of bookmarks all across the top of my screen, and I use it constantly. Will a SB toolbar show up parallel to that, or will it hide my bookmark toolbar? Thanks!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #19
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

it will show up parallel to it
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #20
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
it will show up parallel to it
Thank you! I don't have difficulty remembering to do my searches at SB, but it sounds like more rewards may come on the SB toolbar.