Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
JustSmile7
Registered Users

Tell me about cloth wipe please:)

I never used cloth wipes with DS. I didn't really think they saved much money and felt they were probably more of a hassle. Now I began to stock up on the Lansinol wipes since they were the only ones my DS could tolerate for the first 4 months...Then I was blown away with the price of $3.50 for a small pack. Woah! I can easily make up for that price in 4 months if I use cloth.
What do you use?
How many do you have?
What wipe solution do you use?
How do you store and travel with them?

TIA!

Advertisement

JustSmile7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me about cloth wipe please:)

I loved using cloth wipes, I couldn't imagine using disposable wipes with cloth diapers.

I made my own, so admittedly I had a TON . They were all 8x8" with velour on one side and flannel on the other.

I never used any wipes solution. I travelled with them by taking them dry and just wetting them down in the bathroom sink or carrying a small water bottle with.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
aylasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love cloth wipes! I have some wham obv, gmd terry, and even store bought wash cloths. All work great! I take mine dry and have a little spray bottle if I need it.

Foggy Knits WAHM Page Foggy Knits Facebook
aylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
chillimom
Registered Users

slightly hijacking - would those little gerber baby washcloths that are cheap work? And how many wipes do you typically need?
chillimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 36 and its barely enough. But, I have a newborn. It was more than enough when I was diapering an older baby. I would say 24-48 depending on ages of baby and how often you do your diaper laundry.

When I travel, I put 6-8 wet wipes in a small wetbag and throw them in my diaper bag. I change out my wipes wetbag every few days.

At home, I have a wipes warmer. I put them in wet and rolled up. When the babe is ebf, I don't use any solution. When they add solids, I add a wipes solution because the poo seems too stinky for me with just water. The kind I use is no longer being made, but they're little soap cubes that I dissolve in warm water and pour it over.

Last edited by lady longs; 02-19-2013 at 07:15 PM.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #6
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Love love love cloth wipes! I use just the cheapie baby cloth.. . Which I got them from baby shower. We have about 50 of them. I have been using them every single day!!!! I need about 2 to clean a wet diaper and 3 for poopy ones. When I am done, I just throw them all in the diaper pail along with my prefolds. So easy!!! I am going to do laundry anyways. Just make sense to wash it all. We use disposable wipes when we go out thou.
kittenbaby77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #7
togetherinthelandofoz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used cloth wipes for a while and just kept them dry and used a spray bottle w/water in it. But that got to be a hassle with making sure I had the bottle and the wipes wherever I happen to be changing DS. So I stopped using them for a while and just switched to all disposable wipes. I still put the disposables in the wash and throw them away between the washer and dryer. Then I'm not dealing with stinky wipes in the trash. But recently I decided to put my cloth wipes in my disposable wipes box already wet. I only put enough in there for a couple days so they don't get old. I love it! It's like having a nice washcloth ready to go. Right now I just use water, not a solution.

Not sure how many I have...maybe 24?
They are flannel fabric cut in maybe 8" squares and have serged edges. They are home made because my friend has a serger.

When we go out I still us disposable wipes because I like having them for cleaning hands, etc.

OliviaZachariahIsabella Psalm 139:13-14
togetherinthelandofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love cloth wipes! My boys do too. They both have really sensitive skin and if I use disposable wipes too much they get dry skin and a rash. I keep them dry with a spray bottle of water with a little bit of naturally lux baby wash. When we are out and about I just keep disposable wipes in the diaper bag and use those. I think we have 36 wipes, but I am not sure. They are the grovia wipes.
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ragababe wipes are by far my favorite. A little bit pricey but do worth it. They are thin and feel almost like a disposable wipe, but grip so much better, are softer, and wash up so well! And the serged edges lay perfectly flat. I can't stand wipes with edges that roll.

If you want a thicker wipe, I like swaddlebees.

I keep them dry, then wet them when needed with a spray bottle of water with a bit of coconut oil and an itty bitty bit of baby wash added to it.

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #10
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

I use the single layer white cotton flannel from GMD. They are the perfect size thickness and texture. Started using a wipes warmer recently, about a cup of water with a few drops of kissaluv diaper lotion potion and a squirt of lavender dr bronners. Before that I had the same in a spray bottle but now it's one less step.