Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

I just had an induction. My cervix was completely unfavorable and baby was high. My cervix was in the back, closed, and hardly effaced. I labored for 14 hours without the epi. It was tough. Make sure you pee often. I went a couple hours without peeing and then the contractions were really bad and I couldn't pee cause I couldn't relax. When they checked me at 14 hours I was still unchanged except my cervix moved to the front...so I went for the Epi. I got a walking epidural which allowed me to be able to get on my hands and knees in the bed to help the baby moved down. I could still feel the contractions on one side but it was more manageable. I was 2.5 cm and changed position to where I was almost in my stomach, took a nap, 5 hours later I was complete. About an hour of pushing but my contractions were really far apart. My baby came out alert and happy with a 9 apgar.

Basically, go as long as you can without it. When you feel like giving up and you can't relax through your contractions... Get the epi!! I wouldn't have gotten my VBAC without it.

Edit to say: the reason the first 14 hours were bad is because it is very difficult to ripen a cervix with pit alone! Don't let the first half of my experience apply

Advertisement

Last edited by Sarahknavy; 02-20-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Sarahknavy is offline   Reply With Quote