Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #11
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

Re: Baby Showers

im doing a baby meet and greet too except we call it a sip and see. (light snacks, drinks, cake, cute newborn baby!) im registering for only cloth diapers at buy buy baby to get the BG 4.0s- the invites will let everyone know to just bring one diaper with them. i had a bigger list on amazon but my brother in law surprised us by buying everything on it and shipping it to us. it wasnt a lot of stuff since i am pretty minimalist, but still. needless to say im shopping around for an "I LOVE MY UNCLE" onesie, haha.

Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #12
lemon.extract
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettepoet View Post
im doing a baby meet and greet too except we call it a sip and see. (light snacks, drinks, cake, cute newborn baby!) im registering for only cloth diapers at buy buy baby to get the BG 4.0s- the invites will let everyone know to just bring one diaper with them. i had a bigger list on amazon but my brother in law surprised us by buying everything on it and shipping it to us. it wasnt a lot of stuff since i am pretty minimalist, but still. needless to say im shopping around for an "I LOVE MY UNCLE" onesie, haha.
Wow that was so great of your brother!!! Your baby definetly needs a onesie that says that!
lemon.extract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #13
WVflipflopmama
Registered Users

My Mood:
I've had several ladies ask or mention having a shower. I'm not sure when or who will actually plan it though. My mom has a pinterest board of ideas though so we'll see.
WVflipflopmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #14
Diaper Safari
Registered Users

This is super interesting to me. We only had a shower with our first. No one has mentioned anything about a shower at all with #2 or #3.

I'm totally fine with it -- but it's interesting the different opinions on it!
Diaper Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
txmommytobe
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sounds like fun ladies!! I had a shower with my first and I guess what they call a sprinkle with my third. My youngest boy is about to turn 7 and people keep askingme about a shower for this one but we have declined. We are older and this being our 4th we just didn't feel right about it. Plus we are being uber picky since this is our only girl and our last
Old 02-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #16
stephbrown13
Registered Users

I had a few showers for #1. A friend threw one, my mom threw one and invited mostly her friends (first grandbaby), then my work did one as well. We were soo blessed! #2 I wasn't expecting a shower because they were only a year and a half apart and both boys but my MIL threw one and it was mostly my husband's aunts/cousins. I think some people just really like showers! My husband's side of the family will throw a party/shower for anything. And although I feel awkward being the center of attention, I love going to OTHER people's showers and wouldn't care if it was #3, #4 whatever.

If #3 is a boy I really don't want a shower. We have waaaaay enough diapers (even if its triplets ha!), and enough clothes and baby things. There are a few things I'd like to buy, but I'd rather just get them myself. We eat paleo so it'd be hard to have a freezer shower because people get confused about what kind of food to make. I certainly don't feel entitled to a shower if it's a girl, but I wouldn't complain if a few people bought us some girly things either

Honestly the only thing I'd really like would be some $$ towards a housekeeper for a bit after the baby comes but there's no way I'd feel comfortable asking for that. The baby is due in July and my birthday is in August so I'm just going to tell my mom and husband if they ask.
Mama to DS1 05/03/10 and DS2 12/13/11. Due with #3 07/21/13
stephbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #17
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaper Safari View Post
This is super interesting to me. We only had a shower with our first. No one has mentioned anything about a shower at all with #2 or #3.

I'm totally fine with it -- but it's interesting the different opinions on it!
I get what you mean, this is living baby #4. I always thought it was weird if people had baby showers after many kids. We would not be having one I don't think if it wasn't for the fact my youngest is about to turn 7 (and we own NO baby things). And, this is the first time we are living near family so they are all up in my you know what. This almost feels like starting over for us.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #18
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can I just say that I'm so excited that my family doesn't so showers after the first baby.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #19
lemon.extract
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLEB View Post
Can I just say that I'm so excited that my family doesn't so showers after the first baby.
Lol, isn't it a funny thing to be grateful for? I feel the same way, I am excited not to have all this craziness again. Luckily it has gone away (for now).
lemon.extract is offline   Reply With Quote