Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
weareborgswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Birthday party help...

My daughter wants to have a doll themed party this year, after attending two very girly similar themed p arties but her guest list includes 7 boys and 7 girls ages 3 to 10 (she is turning 8). We are in a homeschool co.op and have been having co.ed, multi.age parties for several years, but I am stumped on how to include the boys for this one.... She says they can just bring their favorite stuffed animal or lego guy, but I am not finding a lot of ideas for party games in this theme that boys would be excited about.

Help? will be a 2:30 p.m. Party on a Saturday. Lasting 1.5 hours. I will make her cake, and she wants me to have a picture of her dolls on it, which I can do.

Advertisement

Last edited by weareborgswife; 02-20-2013 at 12:12 AM.
weareborgswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 AM   #2
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareborgswife
My daughter wants to have a doll themed party this year, after attending two very girly similar themed p arties but her guest list includes 7 boys and 7 girls ages 3 to 10 (she is turning 8). We are in a homeschool co.op and have been having co.ed, multi.age parties for several years, but I am stumped on how to include the boys for this one.... She says they can just bring their favorite stuffed animal or lego guy, but I am not finding a lot of ideas for party games in this theme that boys would be excited about.

Help? will be a 2:30 p.m. Party on a Saturday. Lasting 1.5 hours. I will make her cake, and she wants me to have a picture of her dolls on it, which I can do.
I'm not sure what kind of games you do at a doll themed party. But if there are any dress up type activities, you could have firemen, police, military, doctors, astronauts. Or maybe you could find sticker dolls or paper dolls that are both girly and boyish.
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #3
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
What if you extended dolls to include action hero figures? what party games are you finding that are for 'dolls' and can they be tweaked to include action figures and super heroes? Instead of pin the tail on the donkey, try pin the eyes on the doll or the cape on the action hero. Glue a set of boy/girl dolls from the dollar store onto a board, standing up, and play ring toss around the dolls. Photocopy a generic body onto a stiff 8x13 paper and give the kids glue, yarn, and scraps of fabric. The boys can make whatever boyish doll they want.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
happiness
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Birthday party help...

Paper dolls, yet use boys, firemen, etc. Hot potato game but use a doll/stuffed animal? I picture of her dolls on cake sounds difficult. Maybe you can get some mini figurine dolls to place on top of her cake. (My daughter wants a strawberry shortcake party this weekend, I am getting a figurine to put on her cupcake.)
Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
weareborgswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have made similar cakes for my kids for the past few years- they aren't perfect but they love them I use frosting and tint it and have a method of piping and "painting" it on.

I so many great ideas- LOVE The Ring toss idea, and "Hot Potato" could work for sure- and the "blank" doll/paperdolls-

I knew you all would have the ideas I needed!

PHEW! I feel better - now to get planning!
weareborgswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

I LOVE kid party planning . Let us know how it turns out.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote