Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
ss456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Recommendations for small cheap wetbags?

My daycare is requiring each diaper be put in a separate bag due to state regulations. I assume they plan to put each one in a plastic bag. Is this typical for cloth diapering at daycare? I'm worried that someone will accidentally throw one of my diapers away. Also it sounds messy and wasteful to pull each diaper out each day and throw away a dirty bag.

I'm considering buying a set (8-12?) small wetbags, if daycare will agree to it, and if I can find some that are cheap. Can anyone recommend any small, inexpensive, obviously functional, wetbags to buy? I'd love it if they were also cute patterns! Thanks!

Advertisement

ss456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Recommendations for small cheap wetbags?

diaper junction had a super cheap draw string wet bag. I got one free once because i purchased enough and its quality and really does work well. We used it in the diaper bag. They might only come in white.

You also could get a mama here or ebay to make you a set of PUL only bags with a pull string or zipper for one diaper each. I ended up going that route because I was given a great deal.

Our daycare does the same thing. They did put them in plastic until i got them. I never got one thrown out but one did end up with the other cloth baby once that was after I had the wet bags though.

Once they were all in individual wet bags, I brought in a mesh or cotton laundry bag to collect them all up in -- they no longer needed the larger wet bag.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 02-20-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
ss456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wish I realized this months ago; I could have had more time to bargain hunt or get someone to make me wetbags. Since DS starts daycare in less than two weeks, I'll probably be stuck with throwing away plastic bags until I figure this out.

Any specific recommendations for eBay or etsy wetbag makers?
ss456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Grovia has closeout wetbags on their site in 3-packs for $10. It looks like you could get six wetbags shipped for around $26 or nine shipped for around $40.
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I would look on FSOT for small Planetwise wetbags. They are the perfect size for one diaper, easy to use because of the zipper (vs a drawstring which I hate) and really hold smells in well. When we use cloth out of the house, I have always preferred to take along diapers in individual small wetbags. It just makes it way easier!
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

I got a two pack of Kushies drawstring on Amazon for I think around $5. They are just the right size for one diaper...I can only fit two if I try really hard.

ETA: never mind they're $12 now

Last edited by PurpleFluff; 02-20-2013 at 12:52 PM.
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFluff View Post
I got a two pack of Kushies drawstring on Amazon for I think around $5. They are just the right size for one diaper...I can only fit two if I try really hard.

ETA: never mind they're $12 now
Still cheap on diapers.com last time I looked, but I don't know about the sizing.
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post
I would look on FSOT for small Planetwise wetbags. They are the perfect size for one diaper, easy to use because of the zipper (vs a drawstring which I hate) and really hold smells in well. When we use cloth out of the house, I have always preferred to take along diapers in individual small wetbags. It just makes it way easier!
We have one, I find them almost too small for one toddler sized diaper.

Search FSOT for imperfect wet bags... I think I posted a a request on the site somewhere asking if someone would do it and give me a quote. I got a few replies.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Old 02-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #9
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljc View Post
Grovia has closeout wetbags on their site in 3-packs for $10. It looks like you could get six wetbags shipped for around $26 or nine shipped for around $40.
Wow. That's a really good deal! I think you should do this. Use plastic bags in the meantime....But, I doubt you will really get a better deal than this
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #10
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

it is a good deal, and they are also PRINTS!