Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #11
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If YOU handle the finances...

No, he'll just ask where things stand from time to time. He is so busy/tired from earning all the money that he doesn't have time to get into it. Nor does he care to do it.

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 06:31 AM   #12
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:

NOPE! He has shown some interest in the past so I gladly sit down with him, show him his income ratio compared to our bills... he promptly glazes over. He doesn't ask anymore. LOL!!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #13
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarsh31 View Post
No - but I'd be happy to hand it over for a bit! 15 years I've been in sole control.
14 years for me. I don't think he would know what to do, to be honest He has never shown any interest at all.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:55 AM   #14
briggsy13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dh won't even look at our budget when I've tried in the past. I want him to see where all the money goes. He feels like our expenses are high and he's always struggling to make more money. I would love him to take an active roll in helping but would never leave it all to him to do cause he is really bad about remembering to pay things.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #15
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm just going to take care of bills from now on. I had been paying a couple, giving dh the money and he takes care of the rest but I found out he's been hoarding the cash in his bank account which means extra interest on the cc since that is money he could have applied to the balance.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

My DH will ask where things stand (or I tell him if he hasn't asked after I've paid bills) and occasionally look at the account. He has offered to take over since the past year has been really stressful financially, but honestly we both know that it really needs to be me that handles it. We've been on a really tight budget and it takes a lot of focus and organization to make it happen, and frankly he wouldn't approach it that way.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #17
specialdelivery
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been handling the finances since we were married. He doesn't seem to understand how a budget works. He sometimes questions/asks about it, but doesnt ever follow though in working on it with me. The is always a basketball, baseball, football or tennis event on one of the EsPN channles that distract him. So, although there are definitely times when I would like to hand it over to him, but I know that would turn our very, very badly in the end.
Mama to Ria 5/08, Wyatt 10/14/11 and expecting #3 in April.
specialdelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #18
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DH doesn't have the organizational skills to manage our budget. Too many payments and bills to manage. The $ amount of our bills individually is not much, but there's like 2 dozen of them! I'm a spreadsheet junkie and tend to pay a flat rate on all our bills, even if it means overpaying the electric bill in the winter by a hundred dollars, which confuses the heck out of DH. Just don't wanna find myself in a tight spot having to jump from our winter electric bill of about $70 to our summer bill of $200. I do have our grocery budget broken down by the week, too. Our - he makes it, i manage it system seems to work - as long as he doesn't get a wild hair to go spend money after checking the balance at the atm but before checking with me first on what bills are coming out, that always makes a mess of things.
Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote