Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
rooster2012
Registered Users
seller

Flip vs Best Bottom

Most of my stash right now (although its constantly changing ) is flips or DS covers with inserts. I'm very happy with this system, but am very curious about what you mamas think about Best Bottoms. I'd love honest raves and critiques. Thanks :-)

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
annagirl900
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Flip vs Best Bottom

Bestbottom covers have double gussets; Flip do not
Bestbottom covers can have inserts snap in; Flip cannot
BestBottom Covers are two layers of PUL; Flip is one (BB resist leaks better, but are less breathable...can make some babies hot down there)
BestBottom covers have very little stretch; flip cover are very stretchy (I prefer stretchy)
BestBottom covers fit smaller babies better and are narrower through the crotch.
Both come with Aplix or snaps

Old vs. BumGenius Elemental Comparison
annagirl900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 PM   #3
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What she said, but also Best Bottoms also have elastic at the front waist like a Thirsties, so they actually work really nicely over a padfolded flat, contour, or fitted. I used the Best Bottom system for a little while and sold all the inserts but kept the covers. I like in the Pacific Northwest so 90% of the time I'm not concerned about them being too hot, and I do like the stretchiness of the Flips. But Best Bottoms is well made, I love the styling, love the gussets, and they are durable. They are one of my faves for covers right now because they are great quality and are so stinking cute!
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #4
annagirl900
Registered Users

My Mood:

I want to LOVE both these covers, but neither is perfect. Flips feel too flimsy and the inserts don't stay in place, and they're too wide for my daughter. Bestbottoms were a great fit and I loved the sized inserts and how trim they were; but they are just too stiff and not stretchy enough for me.

If only they could make a cover that was stretchy and more breathable like flip but like a BB in the other regards!

Old vs. BumGenius Elemental Comparison
annagirl900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:03 AM   #5
blueberriis
Registered Users
seller

I tried both, and loved best bottom better than the flips. I never used the snap in inserts, because when I bought it, I thought it was just another cover... I love the duo colors on the best bottoms and the double leg thwarts. I live in Hawaii and never had a problem with it being too hot for him. If your baby is chunkier, however, you have more luck with the flips... And I'd imagine flips being better for toddlers.
blueberriis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #6
mfergy0625
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVED my BB covers mut my 2yo outgrew the rise (he is in the 90% for height and weight). I used them with both of the BB inserts and with padfolded flats and they worked so well.