Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #11
creative*genius
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: So I wonder why CB didn't.....

Sorry folks, haven't been on in a while cuz I've been stash happy! WITH MY ELEMENTALS. So PLEASE someone clue me in on the new design!!! Freaking out a little over here with anew one on the way!

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #12
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

but can't help but think that they really missed out on selling a bunch more before they retired the old style?!

Because if people were anticipating a new improved style, they wouldn't stock up on the old ones.

I said this in another thread, but if they had marketing this as a Flip product and left the Elemental alone, people would line up in droves to buy them.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #13
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbabies2

I agree, I wish they would have done this too Just like their Bamboo Fitteds . . . anyone remember those? I loved those things and wish they still made them (especially for little babies). Guess it was not a money maker for them though. Convenience diapers sell better I think.
I personally think the issue with the bamboo Fitteds was that they weren't all bamboo. The soaker part was microfiber. I had a few and loved the fit but I don't like the stink issue with microfiber. At that time I could only wash once a week due to circumstances so microfiber was out.

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #14
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
but can't help but think that they really missed out on selling a bunch more before they retired the old style?!

Because if people were anticipating a new improved style, they wouldn't stock up on the old ones.

I said this in another thread, but if they had marketing this as a Flip product and left the Elemental alone, people would line up in droves to buy them.
They probably didn't want two organic AIOs. These are probably significantly less to make and they won't have to increase the price. Plus there might be less warranty claims?

I still am quite dissapointed. I don't like Flip covers because of the bulk in the legs and the bunching. I switch around my stash to avoid "banana crotch" and as another mama pointed out, these will probably bunch just like the Flip. No thanks!

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #15
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
I think because in the past when they've announced something then taken forever to release it we all got mad. So they did like Thirsties does and just released it without all the fuss. I'm glad they did but I wish they'd kept the old style up for everyone to buy them all out.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Yes this. They are listening to feedback and trying to fix issues that had lots of complaints like the leg casings. Plus they did run the sale for a while and put up lots of seconds. I mean I don't like the new one and never had an issue with holes or anything but I can't say that they were not trying to improve the product.

ETA: And they did actually still have some of the old style up the day before the new one came out so I think they will be putting these up for clearance eventually.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek

Last edited by nonipie; 02-21-2013 at 08:51 AM.
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #16
mamaspice
Registered Users

Yup, I knew something was up when the sale banner said "While Supplies Last." Still sad though.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #17
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ive reached the point in CDing that I honestly dont understand why the CD companies make the decisions they do about diapers :-(! It seems there are so many OBVIOUS things parents want/need and can never find in diapers. I just dont get it!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #18
mamaspice
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j
Ive reached the point in CDing that I honestly dont understand why the CD companies make the decisions they do about diapers :-(! It seems there are so many OBVIOUS things parents want/need and can never find in diapers. I just dont get it!
Maybe you need to go into business!
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #19
blueswirl
Registered Users

I'm thinking they figure they can have a greater profit margin on the new style...
blueswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #20
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
I personally think the issue with the bamboo Fitteds was that they weren't all bamboo. The soaker part was microfiber. I had a few and loved the fit but I don't like the stink issue with microfiber. At that time I could only wash once a week due to circumstances so microfiber was out.
I agree with you, that is the one thing I wish would have been different about them. The fit was great though and I really liked the aplix on the fitteds (surprisingly).
gbabies2 is offline   Reply With Quote