Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #21
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Thursday

My appointment did not show. Oh well, her loss

I am settled in home with a full belly. The soup is AWESOME and the bread turned out nice and soft, perfect for dipping.

Advertisement

jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #22
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Yay for yummy dinners, boys out of the hossy, and girls getting a little break from hard-to-handle peers.

Our day was just a typical day A little housework, school, a little biz work and planning for next year. The house is "clean" but a little crazy with STUFF everywhere. I suppose I should go round the kids up for a teamwork tidyup before Jim gets home. Ham and cheese omelettes for dinner. Secret sister matchup meeting at church tonight; I'm looking forward to that. I've always wanted to participate in a secret-sister-type-thingamajig.

It would be nice if we had time to do a library run with the kids tonight too, but we'll see. Depends on what time Jim gets home.
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #23
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jen, which bread did you make. If you ever are planning quite aways in advance I really recommend the Budget Bytes foccacia rolls. But they rise for 36 hours and planning ahead is NOT my forte. lesigh.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #24
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Janine that looks delicious! What bread recipe did you use?

We had a typical day here too. School, errands... the kids wanted Hotel Transylvania so we bought it and watched it. I had a coupon for free kids meals at Chilis so we went there for dinner. They are almost ready for bed so I will tuck them in soon. I have homework of my own to do too.
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #25
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

here is the pizza braid recipe http://amysfinerthings.com/pizza-braid

Jess I tried to find yours for the french bread but I found a different one that was really easy.
3 cups bread flour (I used one wheat two white)
1 packet rapid rise yeast
1 1/4 cup warm water
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp sugar
2.5 tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg white, beaten

In a large bowl, combine 1.5 cups flour, the yeast, salt and sugar. Make a well in the middle, add the water and oil and mix well. Beat in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time until a soft dough forms. Turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a warm wet towel and let double in size (usually between 20-40 minutes, if using rapid rise yeast). Place the dough on a floured surface and roll into a large rectangle.

Roll the dough up, jelly roll style until a loaf is formed, using a little bit of water to seal the seams and the edges. Slash with a sharp knife at an angle three times across the top of the loaf. Place the loaf on cookie sheet, and brush with the beaten egg white. Cover and let rise another 20 minutes or so, until doubled in size.

Preheat oven to 375.

For a crusty bread: Do nothing, bake the loaf at 375 for 30-35 minutes until loaf is brown and sounds hollow inside when thumped

For a softer bread: Place a pie plate, or casserole dish with water on the bottom rack of the oven and bake the bread on the top. Drop the heat to 350 after 10 minutes. Check it after about 25 minutes to see if it's hollow sounding when thumped. Total time should still be about 30-35 minutes to bake.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #26
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mmmm Swiss orange sherbet....
Old 02-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #27
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for the link Jen!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #28
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think I wore the kids out today. I can hearing them snoring really loudly from their room!