Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2016, 09:22 PM   #1
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Frustrated and Need to Vent...

So it's been almost three years on this journey and I feel like all I do is wait. I did a year of ttcing before deciding to adopt, then after multiple failed matches I decided to take a year off work to do IVF. Well I was put on meds for my endo for six months, I would be done at the end of March. I had my follow up appointment today and now I'm stuck on meds for longer cause my meds aren't working fully yet and my RE wants them working for four months before doing IVF. He says the absolute earliest will be July. The problem is that I have to go back to work in August and therefore if the meds don't start working soon (which I honestly don't have much hope since I was on similar meds for over a year and they never fully worked) then it will be delayed even more. Since I can't just go back to work and then leave again for IVF I'm looking at November as the earliest possible time for IVF... NOVEMBER! That's almost a year from now!! I'm so frustrated right now. I know the wait will be good for me financially to save up more and also physically so I can lose more weight but honestly I have no clue how I'm going to get through the next 10+ months while just waiting. There are only so many hobbies, activities, and "living" I can do..... Ugh, just so tired of waiting just to try!

Advertisement

Michele (28) - - Waiting for #1 since March 2013 (My Single Mother By Choice Blog) - Follow my journey on YouTube

Following my heart and adopting a child with Down Syndrome from Bulgaria
Have $5? Please consider donating to my Adoption Fundraiser
lugnut_9754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 06:59 AM   #2
superbeans
Registered Users
seller

Re: Frustrated and Need to Vent...

That sounds so incredibly frustrating! Is there anything you can do or schedule that will make this time inbetween more exciting? What about a mini vacation?
Old 02-02-2016, 10:56 AM   #3
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You sound a bit like me at this point. I have severe endo and only one ovary. We have been struggling with secondary IF this time for 5.5 years. I am back at the beginning because I optimistically decided to do surgery and try 6mo without ART. Well, now we are starting with a new RE. I've already done 12 months of Lupron in two sets and I've had several scopes with laser ablation and have had to have my remaining ovary removed from my abdominal wall. We will see what the RE suggests, but I am feeling rather hopeless. I don't want to waste the money on IVF if it isn't very likely to be productive, but at the same time I would hate to live with the what if forever. Good luck with your treatment.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:35 PM   #4
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wanted to update a bit.... so I was approved for IVF funding and was told I would do IVF this summer....

I had my first IVF appointment with the new clinic (the old clinic wasn't approved to offer funding) and it was a disaster! The old clinic didn't record half the things they verbally told me so when talking to the new clinic about it they had no clue what I was talking about. The IVF funding isn't guaranteed so who knows when I would be able to get it. The "best" part was though that my blood work from SEPTEMBER and OCTOBER showed that I might have diminished ovarian reserves! How the old clinic didn't think this was important is beyond me! So now we are doing more testing to see if I do have DOR or not. If I do then IVF is out (it's just not worth it) so I might end up doing medicated IUIs instead. I will need endo surgery first though because I have endo on my ovaries and they want to clean it up. Basically I have to redo everything that I've done the past eight months instead of being able to just move on with treatment. Ugh! So frustrated and now I'm waiting for AF. With the meds I've been on to stop having AF the doctor said it could take 4 - 6 weeks... I can't finish the testing before I have a period and I can't have surgery until testing is complete. Good times this infertility BS.
Michele (28) - - Waiting for #1 since March 2013 (My Single Mother By Choice Blog) - Follow my journey on YouTube

Old 06-23-2016, 05:10 PM   #5
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wanted to update.....
It was confirmed that I have diminished ovarian reserve. My blood work was bad and so was my follicle count. I had decided to stop trying and save for international adoption when I was offered donor embryos. All the legal paperwork is done and I'm the happy mama of two beautiful embryos. Now I'm saving like crazy and hoping to be able to afford the frozen embryo transfer by spring 2017

Old 06-27-2016, 01:09 PM   #6
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And yet another thing falls through..... back to international adoption

Old 06-29-2016, 02:50 PM   #7
superbeans
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut_9754 View Post
And yet another thing falls through..... back to international adoption
Oh no!!! What happened?