Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #41
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm glad that all seems to be working out!

Cramming in early of is normal but shooting pain is not. I would get checked out as soon as possible. And definitely go to the ER if it becomes very painful and the pain doesn't subside.

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #42
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: expired test?

Glad your hubby came around. Give it some time and hopefully you'll both be excited and in love with this baby soon.

As far as the pain, could it be round ligament pain? I started getting it very early this time around, like 6-8ish weeks. It hasn't been quite so bad lately, but for awhile I had to be careful when I was getting up from a sitting position, or I would have the sharp pains.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #43
Mommy2TwoGirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The cramping very well could have been from dehydration and/or ligament pain.

Things are okay. Hubby isn't "excited" so to speak... but he hasn't once mentioned abortion again. Instead the only time it was mentioned is when he was talking about maybe rearranging our living room to have to play room like we used to in our old house. Oh... and when I nicely informed him he had to start doing the cat box haha that will be my favorite part!!
Mommy2TwoGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #44
Mommy2TwoGirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had my ob appointment today. Ultrasound puts me at 7w4d. Hubby made the comment "wow. Okay, so this is real... you're really pregnant..." while looking/listening to babys hb on the US. He then smiled :-) I know it will be tough but I'm actually excited - we've decided to join 'team green'. Obviously this baby wanted to be a surprise - so we will stick with that all the way through :-)

EDD: 10/11/13
Old 02-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #45
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoGirls
I had my ob appointment today. Ultrasound puts me at 7w4d. Hubby made the comment "wow. Okay, so this is real... you're really pregnant..." while looking/listening to babys hb on the US. He then smiled :-) I know it will be tough but I'm actually excited - we've decided to join 'team green'. Obviously this baby wanted to be a surprise - so we will stick with that all the way through :-)

EDD: 10/11/13
Congrats! I'm do glad he is embracing baby :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #46
AmeliasMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: expired test?

Yay Mama!!
AmeliasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #47
Mommy2TwoGirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Update:

I am 29 weeks today :-) Hubby has been much better, although not as into it as he was with my last pregnancy.

At 21 weeks we had our anatomy scan that showed an abnormality with babies feet. At 23 weeks we had a stage two ultrasound at the hospital where baby was officially diagnosed with bilateral clubfoot. Everything else seems normal... we have a stage two ultrasound every four weeks to keep an eye on babies growth to make sure nothing else becomes apparently wrong as baby gets bigger.

We have found a hospital to take on the clubfoot without surgery (shriners will do it, but they are 3 hours one way from where we live and we will have to go there once a week). We will be using the ponseti method (for those wanting to google it).

Dh was really supportive when we first got diagnosed because I took it hard the first few days following. Now I am "okay" with it. It will be a hard first year, but we will get through it. Dh has mentioned a couple times, very briefly, that this is why abortion would have made sense... but he hasn't pushed it or pressured it. He did just say though that the main reason he was okay not having an abortion was because I gave him an ultimatum - abort baby and loose the rest of his family OR have another baby and our famiky is bigger. I guess I kind of did, but I don't regret it.

Overall things are great! I am very excited to be adding our "surprise baby" to our family. Babys gender is still unknown... we have found space in our bedroom for a mini crib and have purchased newborn diapers and baby boy cloths for the first week or so (we have tons of newborn girl cloths from our daughter). We will be having a baby shower hosted by my mom on September 22nd :-)

I just wanted to say thank you to all you moms for talking to me when I really needed it - especially since I couldn't talk to anyone I knew "in real life" since it was hush hush until I was almost 15 weeks along.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #48
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Wonderful update! I was a Shriners patient, and while you won't be there in general most children's hospitals handling stuff like that offer wonderful care. I saw lots of little children getting various braces as part of corrective therapy (including me, but was older and it was for my spine). The orthopedists and people in the prosthetics labs become like family friends. I'm sure you will have a good experience.

Last edited by Palooka; 07-26-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote