Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
earthEmama
Registered Users
Formerly: cs***kky
seller

VBAC mamas that have birthed vaginaly prior to csection.

Hey ladies.. Looking to hear your stories..
I have previously birthed 3 vaginaly, then had a emergency section due to a Previa.
(I have literally experienced all possible births it will be..
#1 vaginal hospital/epideral,
#2 Vag. Non medicated hospital birth,
#3 HB non medicated,
#4 (planned HB) c-section emergency,
#5 (praying, hoping, believing.. For a HBAC)

Expecting # 5 and everything looks good to have a VBAC..

What I'm hoping for is.... to hear some of your labor stories after a section and since you had a vaginal birth prior you know what that is like?

Im wanting to know if you noticed a difference in your labors?

Is there anything I should be anticipating, since have a section.. If you experienced and noticed a real difference or didn't..?

Thank you for sharing your experience..

Advertisement

earthEmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: VBAC mamas that have birthed vaginaly prior to csection.

Me, me!

My births were just like yours, except I skipped your #1 and started with your #2. (My #1 was the drug-free hospital, then #2 was home, then #3 was the section under general anesthesia.)

My HBAC labor was long and piddly, which I've heard is common for a VBAC since your uterus is being "gentle" with the scar. If I could do it over again, I would REST while I could, because I was too exhausted towards the end, and after the birth, I had to be wheeled to the bathroom (in our office chair, lol), and I leaned up against the door frame and actually passed out for half a second. So my advice would be to rest and hydrate, rest and hydrate.

Other than that, it was about like I remember it being. My pushing phases are generally fast (only about 15 minutes) and with this one, I HAD to get him out in a hurry because his heart rate was dropping and they couldn't tell why without having him out. If my midwife didn't know that I could push a baby out in a huge hurry, she might have been a little more concerned, but she had my history there.

Another thing different I noticed is that after the birth, my uterus sort of felt like a cylinder instead of round, so that was weird. But everything shrank down and healed up normally.

Congratulations and best wishes on your VBAC plans.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: VBAC mamas that have birthed vaginaly prior to csection.

Oh, and is your siggy accurate, and your newest baby was born just this past June of 2013? My c-section and my HBAC were 13 months apart, so a close spacing can totally be done.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
earthEmama
Registered Users
Formerly: cs***kky
seller

Thank you for sharing.. I appreciate it.. Ha!! my siggy really needed to be updated; didn't realize how old it was.. expecting baby # 5 2/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96
Oh, and is your siggy accurate, and your newest baby was born just this past June of 2013? My c-section and my HBAC were 13 months apart, so a close spacing can totally be done.
earthEmama is offline   Reply With Quote