Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #11
MomBecks
Registered Users

Re: Opinions on Fuzzi Bunz Onesize Elites

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
They have a cotton linen organic insert made to fit in the Elite.
I love their cotton inserts and use them a overnight doublers! They wash so well and dry super fast because they're only 2 layers but sewn down the side like a butterfly so when folded they're 4 layers. Genius!

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #12
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

I have never tried the old style OS, but I got a couple of Elites out of curiosity (was part of my TTC stash, but DD2 was still in diapers, so she used them a bit). She was about 3.5, somewhere around 32-35lbs and the fit was so slim, like pp said, like underwear...she was at max capacity though as she is a heavy wetter. They go super tiny, we used them on some teeny tiny dolls for a bit.

One trick I learned on here was to turn them inside out to stuff, put your hand inside and grasp the insert while pulling it back right side out, if that makes any sense! Worked great.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #13
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBecks View Post
I love their cotton inserts and use them a overnight doublers! They wash so well and dry super fast because they're only 2 layers but sewn down the side like a butterfly so when folded they're 4 layers. Genius!
Where is a good place to buy these?
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #14
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

i didnt like elites. they were small for my small 6 month when i started diapering. mikny were poo in absorbing stuff fompared to my mf inserts. chafed my baby & there was like a finger i could put in legs so they wouldnt leak. i had to use both minky to do job of my mf inserts & are several sizes smaller than 10 snap originals & even other 8 snap fb
Old 02-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #15
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady longs

Where is a good place to buy these?
I think my local store still had some in stock last time I was there. www.elemeno-pee.com
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #16
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by March
Different generations of the same product. Several key differences, but same concept.

I love the Elite and have several tricks up my sleeve to make it fit ANY baby. You just have to understand how it works spatially. People want to tighten the leg elastic to get a seal around the legs, but that's not at all how it works. That adjusts the rise, and is PART of how you get the fit around the legs, but you have to know how to adjust the waist elastic (in the back) and make the best use of the snaps, too. I can fit these on any baby, though, I promise! I've done it before for fed-up moms who thought these diapers "just didn't work" for their babies. Many people experience compression leaks with these because they don't let the elastic out far enough and then use waist settings properly to get the seal around the legs.

These were underwear trim on my kids! Trimmer than disposables, honestly. I truly love them.
I wish I had you around when I was struggling with them!
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #17
March
Registered Users
seller

It's totally counterintuitive--you see the leg elastic and think that's what should be tightened to tighten the seal around the leg. But that causes bunching and compression! It's all about maximizing the waist adjustments.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #18
happy2beamom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you so much! I think i'm going to get them to try. Worst case, if i can't get a good fit i'll pm March

They were used for approx 5 months and are 10 each. That is the going rate, right? - from what i've seen on the FSOT anyways.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #19
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Put me in the "too hard to stuff" camp.
I wanted to love it, I loved the fit on my baby (he was about 10-14 lbs/2-5 months while I was using it. But I felt like I was going to rip the diaper in half trying to stuff it. I don't have big hands either, not by a long shot. But this diaper drove me nuts. That was also around the time they started making a lot of their diapers in Turkey and the PUL was really stiff and strange.
Once I felt like I'd given it a fair shot, I sold it.
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #20
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2beamom
Thank you so much! I think i'm going to get them to try. Worst case, if i can't get a good fit i'll pm March

They were used for approx 5 months and are 10 each. That is the going rate, right? - from what i've seen on the FSOT anyways.
Haha! Please feel free to; I'll help you troubleshoot. I think they're really wonderfully nice diapers!