Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
CufrM
Banned

Anyone ever given hormone shots for IVF?

I'm asking because I have to give my boss her shots for the next 2 weeks, and I have no idea how to do it! Any pointers? Thanks!

Advertisement

CufrM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:56 PM   #2
Sarahbunny
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone ever given hormone shots for IVF?

My best advice is for you to "practice" on something, like a stuffed animal or a throw pillow so that you can get a good idea of how easily the needle will go in. It will go like a knife through hot butter - very very easy. DO NOT rear back and jam it in, lol.

My question, of course, is why can'tshe give herself the shot? Unless it is in her....backside of course. Frankly it is easier giving them to yourself...you can control it easier and you know when it is going to happen. Less anticipation. Of course, I only gave it to myself once. But I rather preferred it.

Honestly...if you do it even twice, you will have the hang of it. It's just not as bad as you will think.

That is all the experience of a soon-to-be mama who did 8 rounds of artificial inseminations and 2 rounds of IVF. All with many many shots. PM me if you want more tips or have more questions.
Sarahbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:27 PM   #3
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I dont have any expierence but I have heard to practice on a orange.. LOL

Good luck!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:05 PM   #4
CufrM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbunny
My question, of course, is why can'tshe give herself the shot? Unless it is in her....backside of course.
Yup, right it the rearend! She called me a couple of hours ago to make sure that I was still comfortable with giving her the shots. I reminded her that I wouldn't be the one showing off my butt!
CufrM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:19 PM   #5
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I got my horomone shots during pregnancy because it was a very high risk, complicated pregnancy. I alwys got hem in my rear or arm (they switched everytime) and it causes a little pain in the area. The needle goes in easily but I would also suggest practicing on something. Maybe a fruit as the skin will be tougher like ours is. My nurse does jab it in a bit but it never really hurt (I was int he office so much they just did it for me, scardy cat).
Old 06-17-2006, 07:20 PM   #6
camperjen
Registered Users
seller

another tip, if I may, is to NOT wiggle it while you squeeze out the meds. if you go in nice and smooth and don't wiggle, then it shouldn't hurt too much at all.

I had my blood drawn for this preg (all six vials ) and the vein collapsed so she wiggled it to get it to open again. Mind you the needle is much larger, but it hurts to get it wiggled. So keep it still.